• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Mr. Resetti still be in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So I've been thinking about the Assist Trophy Mr. Resetti and how we have yet to see him. I'm starting to wonder if they removed him as an Assist.

See in Animal Crossing New Leaf they sort of got rid of Resetti by making him optional. Apparently Mr. Resetti made Japanese girls cry. Yeah go figure how a cartoon mole could make anyone cry.

So now I'm wondering if Sakurai's going to remove him from the game for that reason. Yeah it seems silly seeing how this is a T rated game but Japan is a different culture. What's controversial to us, isn't controversial to them. What's controversial to them, isn't controversial to us.

What do you think? Is Resetti gone from his Assist Trophy role because he'll make the Japanese girl gamers cry?

TheSarcasticGuy

Smash Cadet
Well he's one of Animal Crossing's most iconic characters, so removing him would be kind of insulting imo. Plus his assist trophy captured the charm of both him and Animal Crossing perfectly, and seeing as how Animal Crossing is so huge now I can't see them only having Isabelle as an assist.

I hope he does return though, he's hilarious.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'd rather he not, honestly. Assist trophies are supposed to, you know, assist the summoner, not annoy the ever living hell out of them. The same problem I have with the Nintendog, really.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
OH GOD I hope not, he's one of the worst assist trophies, next to Devil (Devil World) and Nintendog, all three are the worst assist trophies, as they don't do jack**** to assist whoever uses them, but makes the game a miserable experience for everyone.

Surprisingly enough, 2 out of three have returned to Smash 4, which is quite unfortunate (Unless you can turn off certain assists)

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
He will be a playable character with his brother Don Resetti to replace the ICs. But AT would be cool too, his quotes were too funny.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well I hope so. I really love his character and want him to take part in Smash in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom