• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Kirby be revived for Wii?

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Any one think that Nintendo might revive Kirby on the Wii? I'm waiting on Kirby 64, anyone else?

trueBLUE

Smash Cadet
Well it might happen but it seems like the DS( and portables for that matter) has become the primary place to play Kirby adventure type games.. Who knows though..

No kirby airride 2... pleASE GOD no....

AIM0001

Smash Lord
No kirby airride 2... pleASE GOD no....[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. A sequel to kirby 64 would be a good idea though.

Koady_Rocks

Smash Rookie
Kirby has already hit his high point in gaming long ago. Kirby's Dreamland(GB) was great, and then the gameplay was improved upon in Kirby's Adventure(NES) by adding the copying feature(since in Dreamland, he could only suck things up, not steal powers.) Then Kirby Superstar(SNES) took everything in Kirby games and just improved on them in every way. Things like: better graphics, various adventure stories, better mini-games, longer adventure modes, better story and the whole "helper" feature. Kirby Super Star was like the perfect Kirby game.

Now all Kirby games are either gimmicky or just a rehash of Superstar but usually aren't as good. Kirby's Canvas Curse was an awesome game, but its because it was based on a good gimmick and it worked for Kirby. I don't know what else they can do to make more good non-gimmick based Kirby games. Graphically Kirby games don't differ much, with exception of semi-3d stuff with Kirby 64 and Kirby's Airride. And a lot of people didn't like those.

So hopefully the Wii will revive traditional non-gimmick based Kirby games, but I don't know how they will do it.

Spellman

Smash Ace
Kirby has already hit his high point in gaming long ago. Kirby's Dreamland(GB) was great, and then the gameplay was improved upon in Kirby's Adventure(NES) by adding the copying feature(since in Dreamland, he could only suck things up, not steal powers.) Then Kirby Superstar(SNES) took everything in Kirby games and just improved on them in every way. Things like: better graphics, various adventure stories, better mini-games, longer adventure modes, better story and the whole "helper" feature. Kirby Super Star was like the perfect Kirby game.

Now all Kirby games are either gimmicky or just a rehash of Superstar but usually aren't as good. Kirby's Canvas Curse was an awesome game, but its because it was based on a good gimmick and it worked for Kirby. I don't know what else they can do to make more good non-gimmick based Kirby games. Graphically Kirby games don't differ much, with exception of semi-3d stuff with Kirby 64 and Kirby's Airride. And a lot of people didn't like those.

So hopefully the Wii will revive traditional non-gimmick based Kirby games, but I don't know how they will do it.
That is true. Kirby has done it all, or so we think? With the right amount of thought and effort, I think that an expansion and evolution in the series can happen. I think fans of the Kirby series would appreciate it.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Kirby Canvas Curse WAS awesome. I think they could do some interesting stuff on the Wii. I'm not sure what exactly, but I just faintly grasp the awesomeness of Kirby + Point & Click.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Kirby Canvas Curse WAS awesome. I think they could do some interesting stuff on the Wii. I'm not sure what exactly, but I just faintly grasp the awesomeness of Kirby + Point & Click.
yeah, KCC took the kirby universe but changed it in such away that it retained alot of the smae style, and powers, but in a whole new way that was original and refreshing. It was and amazing game. I've played through the game and gotten all 150 medals 4 times to date.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
So far, only Kirby's Dream Course has been released on the Wii's VC, but I'm hoping for Kirby's Dream Land 3!

And also, the new Kirby game meant for the GameCube, bu has been now moved to the Wii (hopefully).

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I think it will be similar to Kirby 64.
I hope it's way better than Kirby 64. I found that one to be somewhat dissapointing. I mean I still played it but wasn't satisfied. No kirby game has been able to top Kirby Superstar. But hopefully Kirby Wii delivers. Good thing is it's bringing back 2 player mode or it might be 4 players I just recently seen a demo video for it when it was first announced and it appeared to be 4 players. If you don't believe me check Youtube.com

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
aw come on now, i liked kirby air ride.
i never get tired of the city trials...
it seems like theyve been workin on this new one forever.
is there a release date, or is it just marked for 2008?

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Well Kirby is a successful franchise and it probably could be the same as on the Wii.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, as far as I know the helper system will be revived but this time compatible with up to four players (at least what I've seen from the trailer that is... oooooold now...)

Kirby has also been seen using a "Water" ability (much like in the anime) in the trailer and the graphics are 3D but the moving is 2D, like Kirby 64.

What Kirby needs is another long game, much like the length of Kirby Superstar and not the Length of Kirby 64. I applaud the return of the helper system as I love co-op and I'm sure many like the co-op system of Superstar. 4-player co-op helper system would already make the game sell a lot more I think... Because then it's encouraged to play with friends.

Basically: A game with Kirby Superstar's gameplay, 4-player co-op and getting the best out of the Wii's graphics and sound quality.

Perhaps even introducing some form of Wi-fi compatibility (not sure for what it would be used though, but if Nintendo wants to, they can be creative with this)

Small details such as adding actual cutscenes (like in Kirby 64) and having various collectibles/challenges for gamers who want a deeper experience would be nice as well. Also, the return of 4-player compatible minigames would definately not hurt either seeing as the game would already be encouraged to play with up to 4 players.

And giving DeDeDe more of an antagonistic and more important role in story again would please most longtime classic Kirby fans.

So yeah, if Nintendo is willing to put some thought into this, they can definately revive Kirby for the Wii.
There's finally more than one (three even) Kirby reps in Smash Brothers so if there's any time to fully promote Kirby again, it's now.

Top Bottom