• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will It Ever End? [BWRMT]

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Alright, I'm not going to bore you with a paragraph about how Black and White have changed the metagame. I'm going to bore you with a paragraph about how I view the metagame.
This team attempts to abuse the heavy-hitters in the tier to (a) deal heavy damage and (b) prevent my opponent from setting up in any way. From lead to late-game, I'm using deadly sweepers.
I'm not going to bore you with descriptions of every move. I'm not going to show you how my team covers its own type weaknesses.

Urugamosu (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Butterfly Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Butterfly Dance is ****ing awesome. If my opponent is going to set up Stealth Rock, switch to Espeon, because LEADING WITH ESPEON IS STUPID. If it's Spikes or anything else, Dance it up (multiple times), and hit **** hard. Fake Out leads aren't a problem, thanks to my Chandelier. If their lead learns any sort of priority and I can't outspeed and OHKO, get the **** out. Worst case scenario, I either switch away, or something takes me down to me Sash and I get revenge killed by priority. Weather teams also aren't too much of a problem, as I outspeed both Politoed and Ninetales, not to mention some stuff that relies on Swift Swim / Chlorophyll.

Tyranitar (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -HP)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Same old Tyranitar. Everyone knows how Choiced Tyranitar works; Scarf revenge kills, Band hits like a truck. Expert Belt lets me catch things off-guard. Salamence switching into an Earthquake? **** that, Stone Edge his ****. Pursuit because Chandelier.

Ononokusu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -HP)
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

1. Force a switch
2. Swords Dance
3. Nuke the **** out of everything with Outrage

Bronzong and Skarmory weakness is pretty okay, since I have Chandelier.

Shanderaa (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Because he's broken
Seriously
What do you want from me

Espeon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magic Mirror
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Signal Beam
- Psycho Shock

Espeon is mostly useless. Crappy type coverage means he won't be sweeping anything anytime soon. He's got good stats, though, so I can still revenge kill.
Also Magic Mirror makes him a great switch into anything remotely resembling a stall team member.

Jaroda (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Perversity
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Wring Out
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dragon Tail

Late-game sweeper. Once everything that can take a +2 Leaf Storm is gone, switch into something that doesn't resist Grass, and Fire off some ridiculous ****.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Without Ttar, I'm really not sure what to do about Rain teams. If you come in after Toad does, he can hit you on the switch or do whatever Politoeds do. If you don't switch Ttar in, he'll have a tough time dealing with Rain abusers- I could even see them running Fighting moves just for this purpose. I'm not sure hiw you could even fix that weakness, though. Kinda just have to play around it.

Nothing is Shanderaa bait, which is great. Without a knowledge of how BW will go it's hard to say, but this looks pretty solid to me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
His Dream World ability, Magic Mirror, bounces back entry hazards, status, and some other less-used stuff like Leech Seed.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that's pretty cool

so it comes in on SR and both him and the opponent are dealt 12.5%?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
No, I come in on Stealth Rock and Rocks are set up on my opponent's side and not mine.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
So it's like a Mirror Coat on turn of entry.

Pretty nice.

Also I DON'T KNOW THE ****ING METAGAME so i will try to read it and give opinions instead of suggested changes.

Bug/Fire thingy: holy **** this is powerful. I recommend Timid because getting the hit in this metagame is more important than 10% extra power (even though you're boosting your speed too).

TTar: Resist berry would probably work for the purpose you're using it for better, since he will not outspeed a lot and the Expert Belt boost won't do much against the targets you're trying to deal with, whereas a Shuca/Chople berry would let him gain a kill and pick off a target you might otherwise have trouble dealing with.

O-whatever dragon: BROKE AS ***. srsly, what the hell. Also you're really only blocked by Skarm due to Mold Breaker. Double switching is the way to get the most mileage out of this guy, since you probably aren't seeing a lot of entry hazards. XD

Shadow tag: nice job, carry on.

Espeon: Why a scarf set? A more defensive take could benefit your team more, I'd think. EspyJump to Shanderaan/Jaroda? :3

****ing perverse leaf man: I don't know why people like him so much even with his ability and high speed. I guess if he suits you better though might as well use him.

Top Bottom