• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will it ever be a PAL version for P:M?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
After Mewtwo's reveal I just can't ignore this thing anymore. I want it. Sadly I live in Italy and I have both a Wii and a WiiU, PAL versions obviously, so I can't.​
So, is a PAL version of P:M in the works? Or is there a way to play P:M on PAL consoles anyway? Mind you I'm not a big fan of hacking, and especially I don't want to do any **** to my WiiU, you'd never know. But I can mess with the Wii since I don't play with it anymore. The problem is that it doesn't read my Brawl disc since two years ago.​
Thanks for any kind of answer you'll provide lol​
Also, another minor question: I saw that other than the characters, P:M guys worked on the stages as well. I like they brought back retro stages from N64 and Melee, but I would like to play all Brawl stages as they are, untouched, too. Is that possible?​

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
The PAL version is planned to happen as soon as we finish the game, as said many times before, the coding conversion for PAL is complicated and takes time. If we do it during development it will slow down the progress of the game too much to be viable, since we have to convert codes again every time they're updated. But it will happen.

There's currently no way to play PM in PAL regions without hacking your Wii unfortunately. If it ever changes and we see that we can start a PAL conversion, we'll surely let everyone know.

Regarding stages, they are part of the Project M official package, so you won't find officially supported packs that have them in their original state from Brawl, that does not mean you're not free to mod them though. We intend to bring the Brawl stages back if we ever manage to be able to have all of them in the game along with our stages.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Thanks for the answers and sorry if I'm annoying but I started to inform myself about the game just today.
About the PAL version, I'm simply relieved you are at least thinking about it. I can wait. I don't think I want to mod my consoles.
About the stages, I noticed for example the Wario Ware one was stripped of its minigames. I understand it since it's P:M's philosophy, I just hoped there could be an option to switch them back on for people like me who are not that much into competitive play.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
We do intend to have that kind of feature if it becomes possible.

Don't worry, we're already used to hear "whens PAL version" all the time. haha

It's good to see that people from europe and australia want to play this game so much, it's just sad that we can't deliver it to you all yet.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Thanks again, I'll check out the site and the forum by myself in the next months to see if something's changed.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Your other (legal) option is to import an NTSC copy of Brawl, and use the homebrew app Gecko to run Project M from it.

As far as hacking the Wii goes, it's the easiest thing you can do.

Top Bottom