• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will I get better?

Veng

Smash Ace
If i just keep playing level 9's with my pit or who ever and keep trying? Right now I can beat some level 9's. Like half the time.

But I really want to get better. Im doing quite good with dodging though.

Reynbo

Smash Cadet
Well last night was like only my second time playing brawl and my first on wolf and i have to say they are good to get a feel for your character just play them like a normal person and don't exploit some of the stupid things they do.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I've only fought against 2 (not in a team, I mean only 2) lvl9 CPUs in total since the launch date and won both of them. I did most of my fighting on wifi and find human players to be much more challenging despite both players having control delays.

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
It'd be hard to get better on Wi-fi with the lag but it's better than playing level 9s over and over again.

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
sometimes i think CPU's are better than human players... seriously. its bull**** when ur in a match and the guy just sits there spamming the B button. and the guys B move happens to be all powerfull and its hard to hit him. i hate it.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
I recommend getting good at beating CPUs, because that gives expierience when it comes to beating real people, but you won't get really good until you practice over Wifi or against equal skilled friends.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Training against a CPU does... Nothing for you, really. Except combo training, I suppose.

CPU opponents have reflexes you can't beat. Try playing Link or Peach last game. Unless they're falling, they will justimpact your veggies / bombs / boomerang pretty much every time.

The same concept holds true now. At times the CPU almost seems psychic, and you can't abuse the same 'I will run in and hit you' mentality because it doesn't exist in the AI.

Get a few friends and play a lot of VS matches. Try to find people better than you. That's really the best way to improve.

Kirbster1

Smash Rookie
I have just played the game today at Gamestop but I have extensive experience in SSBM so even though I'm not used to the wii remote I beasted with Sonic and I lost because I entered sudden death and while playing a guy asked me what time it was. (being the idiot that I am) I turned to him and stupidly ignored the screen. Needless to say I wasn't blocking or dodging so I pretty much lost.

Infamaz

Smash Rookie
As mentioned, computer players have extremely good reflexes and barely play like human players, though playing CPU can help you learn to dodge and help with combos, but thats probably as far as you can get.

Top Bottom