• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Will coins earned in the demo carry over to the full game?

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone know if coins earned in the demo carry over to the full game?

Please let this be a thing.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
My NNID is BadReligion42. If I get some more spare codes I'll give them randomly to my wiiverse followers who have commented on my drawings.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
I sincerely hope so. I have been playing the demo non-stop since I've downloaded it and have racked up quite a few coins.

And before anyone starts pestering me, no, I do not have any download codes.
Me to i have like over 100 coins now

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll tentatively trust you for now... but a link would still be nice

Hank Scorpio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hail2DThief
3DS FC
2036-7953-4724
I read that they are not transferable en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11320
Click on Have Other Questions and go to #6

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
He didn't lie, though.

The Japanese version of the demo apparently DID transfer.

So, for whatever reason, they decided not to let them transfer for everyone else.
[Japanese economy joke here]

kafeiwhite

Smash Rookie
It's strange that the American website says that.... Hm, my Australian code email ended with it stating

"
Not only that, but any gold collected in the demo can also be carried over to the full game, where it can be used to purchase in-game trophies, among other things.
"

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Why does US eshop hate my freedom
Apparently the Treehouse stream said the coins do transfer? Even though the website says no?

It's possible the coins from the FREE version transfer, but not the Club Nintendo one. It could be solely because we'd have too many coins.

Japan, for example, had their demo only 3 days before the game came out. The Club Nintendo demo is a whopping 3 weeks in advance. Though I don't know why having a week longer to gain coins than the public demo really makes a difference.

And the idea of preventing us from having coins is stupid as it is.

So either the website is wrong, or Treehouse was wrong. I guess we'll see down the line.

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
I read that they are not transferable en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11320
Click on Have Other Questions and go to #6
To add to this, I've ONLY heard of anything from a demo or beta/alpha version transferring to the main game is with Bravely Default. It takes a lot of work to get data like that transferring correctly.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think coins not transferring mainly applies towards the US version of the demo. I checked the European page of the demo at Nintendo eShop and this is what it said.

Super Smash Bros Special Demo Version said:
Not only that, but any gold collected in the demo can also be carried over to the full game, where it can be used to purchase in-game trophies, among other things
This is stated in the European version of the Demo. Not sure about the US or Australia (perhaps it may be worth checking it for yourself), so I think Europe at least is fine in collecting these coins for the full game if they wish to....

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
Maybe it's just a PR misatake, those happen alot, especially with NOA. It just seems bizarre that every other version of the demo transfers coins except the NA one (and if they don't transfer then WHY have them?).

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
To add to this, I've ONLY heard of anything from a demo or beta/alpha version transferring to the main game is with Bravely Default. It takes a lot of work to get data like that transferring correctly.
All of the Denpa Men demos transferred data, Tomodachi Life transfered data, and Pokemon ORAS is going to transfer data AND a Mega Stone/Pokemon.

Not to mention, the Japanese version of this demo ALREADY transfers. So it being "a lot of work" is irrelevant if the game already does it in another region.

And Europe is supposedly going to do it.

So North America being the -only- region to say "No" on their website kind of goes against the idea that it's an issue and not just NOA being like hurr durr. Or lying/being wrong.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Let's just hope it's only the Special Demo that doesn't transfer, if it's not just some NoA fluke.

And if it's just the special demo ones that don't transfer, then I guess I'll have to install the OTHER demo as well to get some money built up.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's just hope it's only the Special Demo that doesn't transfer, if it's not just some NoA fluke.

And if it's just the special demo ones that don't transfer, then I guess I'll have to install the OTHER demo as well to get some money built up.
Now that the regular demo is out, can someone find out if it will transfer? maybe NOA updated their website FAQ?

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I checked the NOA site but it doens't seem to be any different.

This is terrible. :(

Top Bottom