• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will brawl get a preview?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Okay, I just got a message from nintendo about a little "Metroid Month" thing, in honor of the release of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid and Super Metroid would be in the shop this month. That's not the nifty part, though! They put up a new channel in wii ware! It has two vids of Corruption (with two more out on the thriteenth) and a little "paint"-thing where you uncover tiles to get an awesome pic. of samus! What are the odds of Brawl getting something like that?

I know it's been brought up before, but this is BREAKING NEWS!

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I was thinking about Brawl this morning when I read about Metroid month and downloaded the new channel. I believe it's highly possible.

A 2

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a good way for Nintendo to release a video but I think anything that shows up on the new wii channel will also show up at smashbros.com.

-A2

Wreked

Smash Lord
Yeah that's pretty cool. Think we can expect this from a couple of Nintendo's big games. Galaxy, Guitar Hero, Zack and Wiki, and hopefully Brawl. I was really hoping that this metroid thing had a demo, oh well cool vids though. I still don't know if I should buy Metroid or Galaxy though.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Gahh, of course this happens when our internet is down. =/

Really, though, it's too difficult to say just yet. MP3 has a timeframe all to itself. Brawl, on the other hand, comes out less than a month after Super Mario Galaxy. As much as I am excited for both titles, I would prefer to see information about the former, but Nintendo will probably push the latter.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I knida thought it would've been a demo, too (think first hunt or whatever it was), but then I saw that it was wiimote only. Wouldn't it be weird on the shop to show GCN, classic, wiimote and wiimote+ nunchuck icons in the shop for Brawl?

Wreked

Smash Lord
Yeah it would be weird Water. But I really hope that the Brawl demo(hopefully) will allow us to try out all four controls. Because i'm still stuck between GCN, and Wiimote and Nucnchuck.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I just got a message from nintendo about a little "Metroid Month" thing, in honor of the release of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid and Super Metroid would be in the shop this month. That's not the nifty part, though! They put up a new channel in wii ware! It has two vids of Corruption (with two more out on the thriteenth) and a little "paint"-thing where you uncover tiles to get an awesome pic. of samus! What are the odds of Brawl getting something like that?

I know it's been brought up before, but this is BREAKING NEWS!
I hope for something like this for brawl everyday ahah. Seeing how close Metriod 3 is from release though, I'm not that surprised. It launches in less than 3 weeks, if I'm not mistaken. I'm guessing something like this would happen more likely sometime during mid-November.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I hope this happens, but if it does, I think it'll be more like Smash Week instead of Smash Month because, like Aeris said, it's way too close to Galaxy's release to include a whole month. Either way, I hope they have SSB64 as a Virtual Console game to prep us for the Brawl!

Wreked

Smash Lord
That's what i'm hoping for too SubparSmashBrother too. SSB64 on VC would be a great way to welcome Brawl to the Wii. I bet it would come out a week or two before Brawl comes out.

A 2

Smash Apprentice
I have also been wanting SSB64 for the Wii to come out simply to be able to play it using a game cube controller and not my now crappy n64 controllers.

-A2

helterskelter

Smash Cadet
Probably. Smash Bros is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, it would do wonders for it if they released a preview for it on the shop channel. They did it for Metroid and Brawl is practically as big as Metroid or perhaps even bigger so why wouldn't they?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Of all the waiting we've been through, we'd better get one. Showing yet another small video of SSBB wouldn't hurt.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
This is a smooth move for Nintnedo.

Not only are they finally making previews for upcoming games available through Wii shop, but they're also advertising (essentially) for free. Anyone that owns a Wii is going to get that message and the preview.

This also shows people that Nintendo is actually willing to do this kind of stuff.

Since Metroid will likely not be quite as popular as Brawl, I'm willing to put money down that Brawl will have the same, if not a better type of preview available at some point.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
This'll just increase the hype of this game. It would be a good strategy for Nintendo so they can get other people who don't know about Smash Bros. to get interested in it.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Brawl and Galaxy will most definetly get previews as well.

It is possible for demos too, if not- they are at least headed in the right direction.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Brawl and Galaxy will most definetly get previews as well.

It is possible for demos too, if not- they are at least headed in the right direction.
Online demos would be sweet. That would increase the hype even more. We can get a feeling of what it's going to be like playing SSBB if they did that.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm really pushing for a Brawl demo for its preview. Mainly because despite the fact that I reserved Brawl today, my parents will still only allow me to play it when I open it as a Christmas gift for Christmas. If there will be a demo, I get to essentially, play it before I even can play the full game.

I was hoping for an MP3 demo, but...I doubt that'll happen now. Because I was almost thinking of buying MP3 if they supplied a demo of sorts. But...that won't be so, so MP3 isn't in my purchase window as of this point.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I think it is highly possible, given the fact that it is a well-known game to many Nintendo fans. It seems like there would at least be a movie preview of the game possible to download via Wii Shop Channel, even if it didn't have a demo.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I didnt get a message...
I did get one yesterday, though; it was about new search features for the Wii Shop Channel.

I must get these Metroid things....

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I just got a message from nintendo about a little "Metroid Month" thing, in honor of the release of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid and Super Metroid would be in the shop this month.
It's about frigging time! I've been waiting for that since day one. I knew they were going save it to hype up Corruption...

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the actual channel yet because my Wii and my internet don't get along very well. Not that I would want to imply that my internet gets along well with anyone...I would try more often, but doing so would seriously cut into my Portrait of Ruin time, which is unacceptable.

This whole online preview thing sounds like a really good idea, though. I'll bet there's a good chance that Brawl will get some sort of similar treatment, though it's hard to guess what would happen specifically, since the Dojo takes care of a lot of it already. I suppose a bunch of videos could be pretty likely. I definitely would not hold your breath for a playable demo if I were you, though. I can't really see it happening for something like Brawl.

E3E_IceClimbers

Smash Apprentice
galaxy i'm sure will get one....but i doubt brawl....

i am praying to god sonic is not in the game....just b/c of the simple fact i'm tired of seeing everyone mention him....

Stryks

Smash Hero
Id be surprised if they didnt do it, I mean SSBB is the most awaited game of the year (take that halo 3) and im sure we'll get one, and with SSB64 for the VC!

and Im sure we'll get one from galaxy as well, but Im hoping for demos this time around...

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
If they are going to do this for alot of big titles, I dont see why they wouldnt do it for brawl.

I think its a pretty neat idea overall.

Top Bottom