• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will a 8gb SD card work?

thebaum64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebaum64
What the title says. I am using a 8gb card and i have attempted to install project m. but nothing happens :/ do i need a 2 gb card or what lol

Ifrit

Smash Rookie
You need a SD card that has equal to or less than 2gb. So no, unfortunately your 8gb card will not work :( I bought a 2gb Sundisk SD card for 10 bucks at a Best Buy, so at least they aren't crazy expensive!

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
The PMBR actually has a code that can make larger SD cards function, and will allegedly be releasing a new patch very, very soon. I'd recommend waiting at least a few days, if you don't want to waste (an admittedly tiny amount of) money.

I'm wrong, kinda.

Last edited:

Oreilliusthe2nd

Smash Rookie
You need a SD card that has equal to or less than 2gb. So no, unfortunately your 8gb card will not work :( I bought a 2gb Sundisk SD card for 10 bucks at a Best Buy, so at least they aren't crazy expensive!
Are you positive a sandisk will work on the wii?

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Yeh sorry about that I thought that my message wasnt posting so I posted it multiple times
tip: if you hit post and it doesn't appear when it's supposed to, refresh your page before trying again, the box should save your post as a draft, so no worries about retyping stuff.

Legonro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Legonro
3DS FC
4184-4117-9036
They're going to release an update so I can use my 8GB SD card? I don't want to buy a 2GB one if I don't need it..

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
They're going to release an update so I can use my 8GB SD card? I don't want to buy a 2GB one if I don't need it..
If you have a hackless Wii, you'll need a 2GB or smaller SD. There's no way around that, and there likely won't ever be. If you feel like dabbling in Letterbomb hacking, 8GB will work.

amo096

Smash Rookie
What about if I convert my 8gb sd to 2gb? Or if I only want to add more stages? And thank you for all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom