• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WiiU Virtual Console - Which Street Fighter should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
There's a buttload of Street Fighter games on the Virtual Console right now (like 4, alright). I understand that 'Street Fighter II: The New Challengers' is the most updated version of Street Fighter II, right?

If I'm right, I'd like to know if you guys think I should get SFII: The New Challengers or Street Fighter Alpha 2 on my WiiU. Also, if I am wrong, which game is the most updated version of SF2? (I tried looking it up but it got complicated), and should I get that one of SFA2?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
SF2 New Challengers is the latest of the main entries on SNES since SNES never got Super Turbo. 4 more characters than Hyper Fighting, but HF is a better game competitively imo. Alpha series was made after SF2 and only shares some of its cast (so it's separate from SF2). I'd say get Alpha 2 if you're looking for the latest available SF and you're playing casually. It's not a great port, but it's doable.

This question is better placed in this stickied thread though since that's why it exists
http://smashboards.com/threads/what-game-should-i-get.72357/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom