• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wiimote/Nunchuk Controls (Jumping)

Morgue

Smash Cadet
I recently threw myself into PM and all of its glory. However, some things still confuse me...

So my friend and I smash with the wiimote & nunchuk. Almost instantly I felt a change in the sensitivity from Brawl to PM. I don't know if these were intentional or overlooked (because just about everyone else is still rockin' the GCC). The main issue I have is jumping and attacking with jumping (Obviously a fault with wiimote/nunchuk), but it's not what you think.

Jumping

I Tap-jump and my friend uses the "c" button on the nunchuk (Don't ask). The real issue I've had with tap jumping is the amount of direction you have to push the control stick up in order to jump. It's hard for me to describe; but in Brawl, I found it easy to jump and Fair seamlessly. However, in PM, You cannot tap jump using a diaganol, it will only recognize it as a jump if the control stick is directly pointing up. It makes for a lot more challenge in how you use the controls.​
Ness is one of my mains, and you can decide whether to Double-jump Cancel or save his rise from his 2nd jump. I have not found a way to successfully pull this off via wiimote/nunchuk.​
Lightshielding

With the "Z" button on the nunchuk being used for shielding, there is no light press option. Just thought I'd bring that up too.​
Any thoughts PM?
Thanks,

`Morgue

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Also sensitivity issues with a singular wiimote. I suppose it's been overlooked because a large majority of people use classic/ gamecube remote. Hopefully it will be fixed in the future.

Morgue

Smash Cadet
Turtle,

I've never tried using just the wiimote. I play the way I play Mario Kart. My other friend plays standard and goofy. It's crazy.

Bump?

Top Bottom