• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii want more! 4th Mii Fighter for DiiLCii!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
(I know there is a thread in the Mii Fighter section, but I think it's suited better here, merge if you want)

What are Mii Fighters?

As you might know, the Mii Fighters have been added as a customisable character in Super Smash Bros. 4 having three "types":

-Brawler (Basic punches and kicks)
-Swordfighter (Sword techniques and some projectiles)
-Gunner (Long range fighters with high-tech weapons)

Now with DLC, maybe a fourth Mii Fighter could be added!

Most popular suggestions for a fourth Mii Fighter:
Mii Mage/Wizard: (Using magic tools)
Mii Gamer: (Using various Nintendo objects like the Zapper)

Mii Sporter: (Using objects from Wii Sports (Resort))

Other ideas from commenters:
Mii Engineer: (Using turrets that attack on their own)
Mii Pilot: (Using a jetpack to jump multiple times)
Mii Player: (Using objects of all kinds of games)
Mii Mimer (Using Copy Abilities to mimic the opponent)
Mii Dogs/Cats: (Using animalese attacks like claws)
Mii Fatso: (A heavier Mii than the ones availible)
Mii Ninja: (A quick and nimble ninja)
Mii Hobbyist: (Kitchen Sink character, like Game and Watch)
Mii Guardian: (Using many shields, counters and parry attacks)

More creative ideas are welcomed!

Why a fourth Mii Fighter?
Mii Fighters are based around character archetypes in the game, but there's one missing: Mages.
Characters with Magic have been in every Smash Bros., with characters like Ness, Peach and Zelda all having magic capabilities. These moves could be easily tacked on a Mii Fighter.

Another benefit is how easy they are to make, since Mii Fighters mostly borrow moves of other characters.

And while they are easy to make, they bring another dimension to Mii Fighters with new moves, new possible characters to make a Mii Fighter of and more outfits.

The point of Mii Fighters is that anyone can join the battle, but some characters just don't fit the current archetype.

Movesets will be added later!

Last edited:

Karuzo

Smash Rookie
I'd like a Mii with a jetpack or something to replace wings for multiple jumps.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Mii Spellcaster (Magic, duh!)

Mii Gamer (Objects from Mii games and stuff, default outfit is how Miis appear in Mii Maker.)

Mii Engineer (Builds stuff like turrets and robots that attack independantly.)

I think these are the three major choices.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wandering Heroes from Find Mii. They are cat Miis, dog Miis, and rabbit Miis. They have swords and shields. They are capable of using elemental magic. Wandering Heroes have different elemental magic depending on the color of their shirts.

They could be a new type of custom fighters... players first choose the species... cat, dog, or rabbit... then they can choose what fur color of these animals... cats and dogs come in black or brown... rabbits come in pure white or pinkish white... then they can choose what shirt color for their Wandering Heroes... then they can choose special moves that go with that shirt color.

12 shirt colors x 12 custom moves per shirt color = 144 special moves in total (but they all share the same normal A moves)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Wandering Heroes from Find Mii. They are cat Miis, dog Miis, and rabbit Miis. They have swords and shields. They are capable of using elemental magic. Wandering Heroes have different elemental magic depending on the color of their shirts.

They could be a new type of custom fighters... players first choose the species... cat, dog, or rabbit... then they can choose what fur color of these animals... cats and dogs come in black or brown... rabbits come in pure white or pinkish white... then they can choose what shirt color for their Wandering Heroes... then they can choose special moves that go with that shirt color.

12 shirt colors x 12 custom moves per shirt color = 144 special moves in total (but they all share the same normal A moves)
I saw the post in the Official Character Discussion thread, and I like the idea!
Edit: But I do think the Mii Fighters are the custom character of this game and we already have Mii Swordfighters and quite possibly Mii Mages.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I saw the post in the Official Character Discussion thread, and I like the idea!
Edit: But I do think the Mii Fighters are the custom character of this game and we already have Mii Swordfighters and quite possibly Mii Mages.
Wandering Heroes =/= Mii Swordfighters

Mii Swordfighters don't have magic.

I was thinking that Wandering Heroes could be like Robin... swordfighters with magic... Robin is capable of fire, thunder, and dark magic all at once... but Wandering Heroes are capable of these magic too but they are limited to one elemental magic at a time (shirt colors).

And Mii Mages are quite possible? How so? Were they hinted at or what?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Wandering Heroes =/= Mii Swordfighters

Mii Swordfighters don't have magic.

I was thinking that Wandering Heroes could be like Robin... swordfighters with magic... Robin is capable of fire, thunder, and dark magic all at once... but Wandering Heroes are capable of these magic too but they are limited to one elemental magic at a time (shirt colors).

And Mii Mages are quite possible? How so? Were they hinted at or what?
If a fourth Mii Fighter is happening, Mii Mage is possible and I think they will purely be focused on, well, magic instead of a combo, it's possible though, so I will add the idea of a Mii Swordmage to the list.

Wandering Heroes are a thing on his own though.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I would really prefer not to have more Mii's.

Look, I get that people like Miis. I do too. They're funny and good avatars, etc. But what really bothers me is that there are three different flavors of them. With totally unique movesets! You've got the Brawler who could have been the only one. You've got the Gunner who honestly feels like a more Samus-y Samus. And you've got the Swordfighter who could have... I dunno, you could have given this moveset to Lucina and made her unique. There's no reason to waste all three of these awesome and unique movesets on the Miis.And to be honest, I'd have rather just seen one moveset for them, based around their games rather than what they have. Villager's bowling ball move fits way more for Miis than it does for Villager....

Come to think of it, Miis could have just represented those random franchises with potential that never got into Smash. They should have had Villager's Balloon Fight recovery, and they could have had like a Drill Dozer thing... It would have fit really well because you can make those characters as Miis. I dunno. It's a little irritating to me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I think that the 3 Classes we already have were supposed to represent the three main fighting styles in Smash (physical fighter, close-ranged weapon fighter, long-ranged weapon fighter), but I guess a 4th could be cool.

I'd personally choose Mii Mage or Mii Wizard.
It could have projectile-like attacks like Mii Gunner, but they could be elemental or something, like Ness and Robin. It could also have a few status-changing moves, and a life-sapping move like Nosferatu.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I really want a Mii Propsmaster using things from the Streetpass games, Pliotwings, and Wii series.

A Miigician would be cool. Its theme prop could be a staff and spellbook, and it could grab and use items using telepathy - like Robin does, basically. It would be the perfect class to faithfully immortalize your pals, especially if they're a LotR geek.

My other idea was a Mii Airfighter with some kind of wings on its back. It could have multiple jumps and be nimble in the air like Jigglypuff.

Anyway, the Mii classes are all fun to use so I support there being more of them. :>

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
How about a Mii Mime?
It would have a basic moveset using barriers and stuff, however all possible neutral Bwhen done correctly changes your suit to reflect the fighter, mimics his weight and speed and changes your neutral and up B moves.
Basically, Kirby on steroids.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
A Mii Athelete has a lot of potential. Not only would it make a lot of sense given the Mii's background, but it would lend itself easily to 12 unique special moves. For example, a neutral special that throws a ball could differ greatly depending on whether it's a tennis ball, a baseball, or a bowling ball. A side special that hits with sports equipment could function differently based on whether a baseball bat, hockey stick, or curling broom is being used.

Personally, I think 3 Miis are enough, though. They cover the three basic moveset archetypes well (with Mage being the most sensible 4th option in this regard), and I never liked the idea of splitting them up into 3 classes to begin with.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I would really prefer not to have more Mii's.

Look, I get that people like Miis. I do too. They're funny and good avatars, etc. But what really bothers me is that there are three different flavors of them. With totally unique movesets! You've got the Brawler who could have been the only one. You've got the Gunner who honestly feels like a more Samus-y Samus. And you've got the Swordfighter who could have... I dunno, you could have given this moveset to Lucina and made her unique. There's no reason to waste all three of these awesome and unique movesets on the Miis.And to be honest, I'd have rather just seen one moveset for them, based around their games rather than what they have. Villager's bowling ball move fits way more for Miis than it does for Villager....

Come to think of it, Miis could have just represented those random franchises with potential that never got into Smash. They should have had Villager's Balloon Fight recovery, and they could have had like a Drill Dozer thing... It would have fit really well because you can make those characters as Miis. I dunno. It's a little irritating to me.
I see where you're coming from, but the thing is that the Miis aren't designed as full characters. They're designed as non-characters, generic movesets fitting an archetype to a point where nearly every conceivable character fits one of the categories "close enough". Which is why the absence of a mage in particular feels so out-of-place.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I created a moveset for 9-Volt. I'm sure it could be altered to fit the Gamer.

B = Nes Zapper (well....Duck Hunt does this so it'd have to be changed)
B-Side = Chiritorie
B-Down = Ultra Machine
B-Up = N&B Rocket
A = Wii Remote
A-Down = Virtual Boy Swing
A-Up = Nunchuck Swipe
Grab = Ultra Hand/Power Glove
Taunt = Plays Gameboy
Taunt 2 = Plays Wii U Gamepad
Smash Up = Amiibo
Smash Down = Wii Balance Board
Dash A = Famicom
Idle = Plays NES

etc.

Last edited:

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
I've always considered the "mage" characters as "gunners", because, well, most of their specials revolve around projectiles. And even one of the Mii Gunner's side specials originated from Ness. A mage outfit for Mii Gunners could be pretty neat.

But I really like the Mii Sportsman/Sporter idea, even if Sporter isn't a real playable character "type" in the Super Smash Bros. franchise!

Also, am I a deranged fellow for thinking that the Mii dogs/cats could be a funny addition?

Braydon

Smash Ace
Make a morbidly obese Mii.
Mii weight only goes from 102 to 97, you can't make a heavy char, for reference link is 104, mario is 98.

I mean an actual legitimate heavy class for a mii.

EDIT: Preferably with fire breath as an option

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
how about a mii ninja I know that sword fighter has the shurikens but we do need a nimble and speedy one

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Battleground Z gave me a good idea. How about a Mii class that uses the items based on hobbies like in that game

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I'm still unashamedly biased towards my idea of a "Mii Guardian" who uses a shield. This Mii would use a primarily defensive moveset, full of multiple counters <including the Side Smash>, special blocks, and even a parry mechanic. Basically, take the general weapon skills of Captain America and KH!Goofy, and combine it with the moveset and playstyle of Dissidia!Exdeath.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm still unashamedly biased towards my idea of a "Mii Guardian" who uses a shield. This Mii would use a primarily defensive moveset, full of multiple counters <including the Side Smash>, special blocks, and even a parry mechanic. Basically, take the general weapon skills of Captain America and KH!Goofy, and combine it with the moveset and playstyle of Dissidia!Exdeath.
Really nice for team battles, I suppose.

Battleground Z gave me a good idea. How about a Mii class that uses the items based on hobbies like in that game
Doubles as a Tomodachi Life reference.
Good!

Top Bottom