• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Wii U version has been sped up from E3

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
They straight up said the build was the exact same as the E3 one, so there's no way it's playing any differently.

But yeah, it's nice to see those load times at a more reasonable level.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Guys, guys guys, its The same build, Megaman has the same expression when he uses his final smash =/. The newer build would have mega man clench his teeth, whilst this looks like the exact same one as the E3 build =/

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I think this thread should be closed before more people are misinformed or left confused. It has been confirmed that this is the same demo that was at E3. The faster loading times don't mean it is a new build. Taken from reddit:

Loading doesn't guarantee a new build. That's a media/buffering thing. At E3, everything was streaming from something like an ISO loader (we saw that when it crashed). We have no idea where it streamed from. It could have been LAN for all we know.

This time it could be running of a disc, SD card, or internal memory.

Edit: Came from USB drive, but remember that USB drives can be fragmented and have bad file allocation size. The loading lag is very similar to my personal experience for running Melee/ProjectM off an SD card with a really small file allocation size and a fragmented SD card. Also, we don't know how these discs were stored (ISO container, encrypted, compressed, etc)

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, I didn't see any difference and Bill was saying this is the E3 build. Yes, the game is probably getting sped up in the final but public demos are the same beta build.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's some evidence suggesting that the game may be sped up in later builds, and that it might include dash dancing:

pbj10

Smash Rookie
the placebo effect is strong here with some of you, it's really funny.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm not "throwing hate out" to the competitive community. I'm criticizing some of them for disowning Smash 4 because it lacks wavedashing/L-canceling.

If I WAS throwing hate out, I'd being posting stuff like this.

Oh wait. Sorry.
Agree 1,000%.

Faster ≠ more competitive. If you need nothing but the best synaptic reactions to be the best at a game, it'll be exceedingly boring.

A good player will be good at a game regardless of the speed because they'll be better at planning, reading their opponent's strategy and countering accordingly, regardless of how quickly it happens.

Also, the faster the game, the more difficulty newer players will have playing it and Nintendo wants their money, too.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It looked the same to me. I only played the Best Buy/E3 demo 11 times, though.

Last edited:

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
Hmm I dont see much of a difference. No to mention this is the e3 build as well so. I mean looks a tiny bit faster in some parts of the game but players themselves can make a game look faster.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
And Megaman got screwed in the end. I kinda wish the timer would skip the animations of some final smashes during the last few seconds just like the Star KOs.
I agree. When I played the demo at Best Buy, I used Greninja's final Smash at the end of the match, and it was in the part of the animation where people caught on the mat are repeatedly hit, but the match ended before I could be awarded the KO.

Top Bottom