• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U online Lag

Fullgore

Smash Rookie
Well after some matches , I noticed that non rush charcters like lucario or shulk ( My main), suffer from the internet lag more than speedy characters such as captain falcon or metaknight. This is annoying as button inputs take more time to be detected and this ofcourse puts the battles in favor of the rush and spam charcaters , while people who need precise controls are hindered.
Any tips on this general problem

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Well after some matches , I noticed that non rush charcters like lucario or shulk ( My main), suffer from the internet lag more than speedy characters such as captain falcon or metaknight. This is annoying as button inputs take more time to be detected and this ofcourse puts the battles in favor of the rush and spam charcaters , while people who need precise controls are hindered.
Any tips on this general problem
Report and block the player with excessive lag and don't let it get to your head. Believe it or not, there are people who intentionally FORCE lag when they start to lose, hoping to throw off your timing and performance. I've played too many For Glory matches only to realize that lag that happens only when I'm ahead, performing a combo, and/or recovering is anything but coincidence.

Edit: Grammar fixes.

Last edited:

LiX

Smash Rookie
Indeed, reporting the guy who "all of a sudden" started to lag heavily once you KO'd him the first time is the best choice.
Sadly, Smash4 seems to suffer from induced lag just like many of the other "PvP" or "1v1" online games...

About the precise controls: Lag can get so bad that the controls really malfunction. So instead of dodging once like it was input, your character does the same move two or three times. I've also noticed attacks/grabs can be immensely delayed so that when my character does them, my opponent already is behind me... While this can be normal connection fault, it does seem odd when it only affects you and your oponnent seems to get along fine... However, in fights where the lag was present from the first second, I am hestitant to report my opponent.

Last edited:

scumstash

Smash Rookie
yep. even in the smoothest matches with no "visible" lag, there always seems to be a 4-5 frame input lag... no bueno for the shield game.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Nintendo needs to amend more stringent network requirements quite honestly if they want to help end lag. Lag screws up anyones gameplay. You can't be having someone playing whom someone else is streaming Netflix or some other internet bottlenecking internet service. I would also propose if connections aren't fixed (so repeatedly buffering) the match disconnects. Why consistently try to buffer and work with a bad connection?

Top Bottom