• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U GameCube Adapter now fully functional on Windows

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Just thought I'd spread the word, someone has written a program that lets you use your GC controller adapter on windows platforms. So now you can emulate Melee/PM/Brawl and use GameCube controllers without having to buy those Mayflash things. It works great.

First thing you need to do is download the guy's driver and the GUI program he wrote
https://bitbucket.org/elmassivo/gcn-usb-adapter/downloads/WiiU-UsbSetup 2014-11-28.5.exe

Then you just plug the black cord of the GC adapter into the USB slot and run the program, and follow the steps. After that, all you have to do is calibrate the controller via the windows gamepad calibration wizard and then you can use it for whatever you want.

If you wanna use it with Dolphin, just use these controller profiles (put them in your GC controller profiles folder)
https://bitbucket.org/elmassivo/gcn-usb-adapter/downloads/Dolphin Input Profiles.zip

It's pretty neat, you can use all the ports on it too.

SoundChow

Smash Apprentice
sweet yo, i can finally do two player double dash

Last edited:

mrrwalden

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Flash 2 with Gamecube controller? Does that work as well?
I haven't played that in a WHILE, but if you get a program like Joy2Key to map the GCN buttons to the keyboard controls you have set, that should theoretically work.

taolem

Smash Cadet
Huh, this isn't working for me. It says that it doesn't recognize it.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Can regular pc games recognize it as a general gamepad?

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Huh, this isn't working for me. It says that it doesn't recognize it.
Your trying to use it on dolphin right? I forgot to mention that after you install the driver you need to turn on the GUI program and press the start button on it after you plug in your adapter otherwise it doesn't recognize them

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
is any work being done on trying to get it to work on the wii virtual console so we can use it for PM on Wii U?

Top Bottom