• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U Gamecube adapter driver released for Windows!

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
So what exactly does this allow you to do? Sorry I just went Black Friday shopping and all I have eaten today is pie

Rezbit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShiKage
Sweet! Now I can try this Project M that everyone is drooling so much over (I'd mod my Wii, but my Wii no longer reads Wii discs and can only read GCN discs. >_>).

That and all of the other applications I use a game controller with, a GCN controller will work so much better!

Shog

Smash Ace
OH THANK GOD, EXACTLY WHAT I WANT

tomorrow i gonna buy an adapter :3

Massive

Smash Champion
So what exactly does this allow you to do? Sorry I just went Black Friday shopping and all I have eaten today is pie
This lets you use gamecube controllers on a computer running Windows 7+. You can play any game your computer will run with up to 4 gamecube controllers using the wii u USB adapter and this program/driver.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I knew something like this would have been made sooner or later. Good to see it in person!

And I am pretty surprised that it came out this soon. :O

Shog

Smash Ace
Btw just wanted to say that the Gamecube Adapter didn't even arrived here where I live in Germany... O_O Atleast in the US you had your chance getting one T_T

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Sweet! Now I can try this Project M that everyone is drooling so much over (I'd mod my Wii, but my Wii no longer reads Wii discs and can only read GCN discs. >_>).

That and all of the other applications I use a game controller with, a GCN controller will work so much better!

modding a wii to load games off of a usb stick is easy, it's how I play my project m.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That is interesting, but having a Xbox 360 controller, there isn't much reason for me to care about the GC controller.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sweet. I needed a reliable method of playing Zelda Classic. This is a godsend. Other controllers just won't cooperate, so...

Xaltis

Smash Hero
What do you do, when the adapter just won't install on your computer? The redditt has like everything crossed out, nothing helps.

FrigidofDoom

Smash Rookie
Yo, sorry to necro an old thread, but I recently installed this and it works, but I can't figure out how to configure the buttons, is it even possible to do so?

EDIT: And I mean configure the buttons, not the dead zones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom