• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Wii U Exclusive/DLC Assist Trophies?

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
The Direct said that the Assist Trophy roster would be roughly consistent, but not necessarily completely consistent.

Any Assist Trophies you're hoping for?
I'm looking for someone from Awakening, like Lon'Qu or Frederick.
And at least one Punch-Out Boxer.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Maybe a human Pokemon character? Like Clemont with his aipom arm thing, idek.

Or maybe Pokemon Trainer throwing poke balls at you trying to catch you LOL, and you have to break free or you get knocked away

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a human Pokemon character? Like Clemont with his aipom arm thing, idek.

Or maybe Pokemon Trainer throwing poke balls at you trying to catch you LOL, and you have to break free or you get knocked away
I thought of something like that, but I thought of the Pokemon Ranger, using the styler to catch you.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Isaac - Golden Sun (Why cut him? Though I think it's because he'll end up playable)

Vaike - Fire Emblem Awakening (Severe lack of axe users in Smash, AT is as good a place as any to get the ball rolling)

Prince - Katamari Damacy (I know this hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console [stupidly, it's a perfect fit], but Namco made this so it should be there)

16 Bit Brown Yoshi - Yoshi's Island (This is a weird one... But I've got this fixation on the idea that there should be an assist trophy accounting for Yoshi's transformations in Yoshi's Island. Brown Yoshi isn't playable in Smash, so it'd work. It'd have three different attacks. Turning into the mole, which would dig under the stage and then pop up in random places for an upward launch. Turning into a copter, where it flies around and drops low-damaging eggs on the battlefield. Turning into the car, where it does a quick dash, like a low powered Bullet Bill)

K. Rool - Donkey Kong Country (I'd rather he be playable. but he loses compared to Dixie too, so if there's some sort of DLC, I'm betting it'd only be one of them and he can be an AT, he fits that role better than she does. Throwing his crown boomerang style, doing short hops and raining down cannonballs. It writes itself.)

Inkling - Splatoon (As much as I think it'd be a good idea for Nintendo to have them be playable, I think there'd be a lot of outcry about this. I mean, people are irritated over Greninja because they think he's unworthy, and Greninja is from a popular, tried and true series. So it might be good to first introduce Inkling as an AT, Sprays down paint that speeds up the person who used the AT when running across it and slowing down opponents on that patch of paint. It works well)

Reyn - Xenoblade Chronicles (This is so strange to me. Reyn should have been part of Shulk's FS. Riki shouldn't have been both in it and as an AT. Feels unnecessary especially since Reyn is a much larger and important character than Riki is in the game.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm thinking Aeron from Pandora's Tower and Melia from Xenoblade. Aeron can use chain whip moves to throw your opponents around and Melia can use Mind Blast to temporarily seal enemies' B moves.

Wonder Red and maybe Rayman, if 3rd party ATs without playable reps from that company are a thing, sounds cool too.

I say Melia AT cuz I want Mechon!Fiora as a DLC playable fighter c:

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well there's Chunky Kong, if the rumors are of any indication.

It might actually make sense considering that he summons forth a bunch of items in his description, IIRC.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking Aeron from Pandora's Tower and Melia from Xenoblade. Aeron can use chain whip moves to throw your opponents around and Melia can use Mind Blast to temporarily seal enemies' B moves.

Wonder Red and maybe Rayman, if 3rd party ATs without playable reps from that company are a thing, sounds cool too.

I think Wonder Red is 2nd Party, actually.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

I would say that Mechon!Fiora would be too spoilery but then you've got Lucina...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I would say that Mechon!Fiora would be too spoilery but then you've got Lucina...
and Sheik.

Too spoilery would be Zanza, IMO. But then again nothing is too spoilery for Sakurai

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
oh jeez actual plot spoilers in spoiler tags what is this madness
This is a fair point. Probably should've done the

[collapse= Xenoblade Spoilers]Thing[/collapse]

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, either him:

or him:

(why can't i find with transparency I swear this is annoying).

But prefer the first. As long as one of their attakc is continuous smasck or a throw, it's good (the second seems to be very silly in the throw departement).

And also, spm/TTYD were on home console so, it's possible it;s WiiU.

:awesome:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Barbara, Excitebike and Ressetti are probably WiiU exclusives. (Barbara for unlocking method, Excitebike for 3DS limitations, and Resetti for hogging up the screen would be too much on 3DS)
As for brand-new exclusives, I hope for ATs from DK, Yoshi, Pikmin, Punch-Out. All franchises with a playable rep should have at least one AT.
I would like ATs of the more minor series as well, like Fatal Frame, Joy Mecha Fight, Pandora's Tower, Reginreiv, etc.

I'm still hoping for the possibility that Issac and Ray are being moved up to playable status.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Well, either him:

or him:

(why can't i find with transparency I swear this is annoying).

But prefer the first. As long as one of their attakc is continuous smasck or a throw, it's good (the second seems to be very silly in the throw departement).

And also, spm/TTYD were on home console so, it's possible it;s WiiU.

:awesome:
I like O Chunks but I'd be sad if a SPM or SS character got in over THE RAWK

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
It is a crime that Reyn Time (or anybody else tbh) isn't an assist trophy but we got Heropon to be featured as both an AT and a Final Smash. So, I would like Reyn or any of the other Xenoblade party members.
How about a Sumia & Cordelia AT that functions similarly to Kat & Ana and Latios & Latias?

I think it would be so cool to have the protagonists from the other two Operation Rainfall as ATs, but I most certainly wouldn't mind them as characters.

Top Bottom