• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Wii U) Can barely play online since the update...

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
he i enter a match It takes forever to load than it will either go into the match about 10% of the time, the other 90% it comm errors and kicks me offline.

IT worked positively fine before the update and now its hardly playable.

3DS works fine so it's probably not my internet.

Though i was in FG hell before the update, could this be the cause?

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
Could really use the help i asked elsehere but no oe really wants to help me anywhere.

Grandma Wilkins

Smash Cadet
Sorry to see that nobody is replying. I honestly don't know how we can help you, so calling Nintendo tech support is probably your best option at this point.

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
Sorry to see that nobody is replying. I honestly don't know how we can help you, so calling Nintendo tech support is probably your best option at this point.
Last time i did that it was an 8 hour ordeal with nintendo and my internet provider which ended in me being forced to pay a bill early and still didn't get the problem fixed, turns out it fixed itself in a week or so.

I was just wondering if anybody else was experiencing this problem too.

It might be your disc if it's a physical copy
I'll try to clean it and see.

thanks for the replies!

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
To me it sounds like your either still in "For Glory Hell" as it's commonly called, or it might be a connection issue if your using a wireless router. I had this issue on 3DS where it would be a connection error 90% of the time as you say and i solved it by changing around my internet settings among other things (Googled it and it seemed like plenty of people had the same issue).

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
tried cleaning the disc and it's still doing it, this is been an entire month since it started and it still hasn't got better.

would for glory hell do this? what happens is it takes forever to start the match than comm errors the second the match begins sending me out to the offline main menu, my 3DS works 100% fine just my wii U dies half the time.

Last edited:

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
looks like i may have to spend the day with nintendo tech and my ISP, this is is going to be painful.

EDIT: Wet back on an apparently i was banned for 10 minutes for the comm errors, this is disgusting, might just stick to 3DS and trash the wii U copy if it's going to do this to me.

Last edited:

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
Sorry for triple posting.

I tried splatoon to see if my internet was to blame and it worked 100% normal no errors it worked just as it always did it's just smash wii U that's acting up.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
To me it sounds like your either still in "For Glory Hell" as it's commonly called, or it might be a connection issue if your using a wireless router. I had this issue on 3DS where it would be a connection error 90% of the time as you say and i solved it by changing around my internet settings among other things (Googled it and it seemed like plenty of people had the same issue).
That doesn't sound like FG Hell. FG Hell justtakes forever to find people and when you do, it's the same people over and over again.

I've never gotten any error messages in the 3 times I've been banned.

Top Bottom