• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U and 3DS Linking question.

Steve178

Smash Rookie
just wondering, Does anyone know if the linking 3DS and Wii U features of Super Smash Bros 4 will require your 3DS and Wii U to be linked directly to each other through NNID's?

one of my NNID's is pretty much on it's last chance before Nintendo blocks my console from Miiverse all together.

because of that, when i get my new Super Smash Bros 3DS XL next month, i still want to be able to use the data transfer features of Smash Bros, but i want to start completely a fresh on my new 3DS XL without any infractions so i don't particularly want to tie my 3DS XL with any of the NNID's i have on my Wii U.

thanks

Khao

Smash Lord
Doubt it.

That would be a stupid move.

I see the data transfer thing as a way for friends to put their custom characters and **** on the Wii U all at the same time so they can battle each with the stuff they collected in their own personal versions, I just can't imagine something like that not being possible, local multiplayer is pretty what Smash Bros does best, and Sakurai knows it. So I can't see them actually going out of their ways to limit the transfer to Miiverse accounts for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I'm actually really looking forward to doing that. (Got like four friends with 3DSs, and like three extra aquaintances, all of them Smash fans. So this is gonna be huge for me if it's actually a thing.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom