• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii-Mote 101 in Brawl.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
Hmm...

*Pulls out Wii Mote*

All I think is that the grab button is a decent stretch for your finger, If this is the official setup for side wii mote, I'll probably go with nunchuck + wii mote.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Once I get my hands on Brawl, I plan on first playing the game with the Wiimote-Nunchuk combo, as I, too, feel this will be a really good combination.

I currently lean more towards the GCN controller, but I only have one wavebird... Nintendo would make a ton of money if they made a GC controller adapter for the Wiimote so you could plug it directly to the Wiimote instead of the console itself.

~Old Man Nintendo

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I currently lean more towards the GCN controller, but I only have one wavebird... Nintendo would make a ton of money if they made a GC controller adapter for the Wiimote so you could plug it directly to the Wiimote instead of the console itself.

~Old Man Nintendo
I wouldn't like that idea cause then it would be a wireless gamecube controller and I know there will be some sort of lag with the wireless and all those connections.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I wouldn't like that idea cause then it would be a wireless gamecube controller and I know there will be some sort of lag with the wireless and all those connections.
I don't know... the Classic Controller doesn't have any lag and it connects via the Wiimote.

IMO, it would be a convenience for some, such as myself, as my Wii sits behind a glass door and is in a snug position that doesn't allow for the side ports to be available unless you pull it out and put it onto the floor.

Sure, the connection would be like "GCN controller - controller adapter - Wiimote -> Wii", but I'm confident that Nintendo would design it to work lag-free with their first-party controllers.

But... as it seems that Nintendo isn't designing any such product in the foreseeable future, this is just me wishfully thinking. :)

~Old Man Nintendo

Wii enthusiast

Smash Cadet
you know this is ok i guess but really who is going to use this?
like when i play melee i absolutely never press up to jump and i always press x or y instead.
it is so much easier

user_name

Smash Apprentice
Why wouldn't they make shielding the A button...it's much easier to press than B. Who spends that much time taunting anyway?...unless you're Luigi of course!
1.) The B button is easy to ACCIDENTALLY hit
2.) Roll-dodging

Honestly, the only change I would make is switching minus and A, and making it so you can hold minus (if A and minus were switched) and press in a direction on the D pad to do one of your taunts, or just do a "default" taunt (probably your up taunt) if you just hit minus by itself.

you know this is ok i guess but really who is going to use this?
like when i play melee i absolutely never press up to jump and i always press x or y instead.
it is so much easier
Yes, but using the D-pad up will be MUCH easier than using the control stick up.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I dont understand why they would even bother making a sideways wii-mote control scheme. ITS SO UNCOMFORTABLE. I cant even stress playing VC games with a sideways wii-mote. Better go buy gamecube controllers before I cant find em.

bushidoyoshi

Smash Rookie
I dont understand why they would even bother making a sideways wii-mote control scheme. ITS SO UNCOMFORTABLE. I cant even stress playing VC games with a sideways wii-mote. Better go buy gamecube controllers before I cant find em.
Thankfully I've got four GC controllers from playing SSBM...

:p

...I'm so lucky I saved them.

Wii enthusiast

Smash Cadet

this is a little off topic but when the mouse cursor just on my computer went over the link for the gamecube controllers
it showed a picture of an XBOX controller
*******es

Top Bottom