• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Memory - Unlockables

Croco

Smash Lord
Just an idea.. Not sure if this has been discussed before, so I am sorry if anyone has already posted a thread/discussion about this. :)

I would think it be a cool feature to unlock trophies, stages, characters, or even alternate stage music if the developers could use the Wii game memory saves and downloaded games from the “Wii Shop Channel.”

For example-
If you have a game save from the game “Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess” you can unlock a new trophy. Or even better, you could unlock a special trophy or stage etc. if you completed the game.

The same idea goes for the downloaded games from the Wii Shop Channel.
For example-
If you download Super Mario Brothers.. You unlock a classic Super Mario Brothers stage. :cool:

I do know that this little unlocking feature was available for SSBM, but it wasn't exactly used enough. Not much to unlock except a Pikman trophy..

Whats everyone else think? Would you love this feature in Brawl? I sure heck would.

-EDIT-
Mic_128 also mentioned that this feature could be used as an alternative in unlocking.. So you could either play 20 hours of play to unlock a character or stage, or you could just have a Wii game save on your Wii memory.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
While cool, it doesn't seem fair that you have to buy games to unlcok stages. If it was an alternate way to unlock something (like get the stage with the game or by playing 5000 vs matches) that'd be okay. Something I'd find cool though is if it could get songs from downloaded VC games.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The whole game saves and trophy idea is the most likely thinkg to happen, since it already happened in Melee. I just hope they don't have more special trophies that are unattainable without going to Japan/cheat device. <_<

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
No....not really a fan of unlocking stages in that manner. Trophies, sure. But that's because trophies dont' have a real effect on anything. You're not missing out on anything if you don't have a trophy.

But characters and stages......no, just no.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
I get what your saying. Like having to buy Pikmin to get the Capt. olimar trophy in SSBM I was angery because I didn't have that one trophy so I bough pikmin just to complete my collection, and while I loved Pikmin (So awesome ^_^) I'm not a big fan of spending money for trophies let alone stages. I like the idea of 5000 vs matches like in SSBM. There was always to ways to unlock things. (Man oh man did I love unlocking Mewtwo, I locked myself and a friend in a room and played SMahs for 20 hours straight, my eyes were bleeding after X_X)

Croco

Smash Lord
While cool, it doesn't seem fair that you have to buy games to unlcok stages. If it was an alternate way to unlock something (like get the stage with the game or by playing 5000 vs matches) that'd be okay. Something I'd find cool though is if it could get songs from downloaded VC games.
Yea sorry that I didn't mention that.. I would think alternative ways of unlocking characters/stages would be there.

Just having a game save or downloaded game would make it easier to unlock stuff.

Like if you beat Twilight Princess.. Ganondorf would appear after a match in brawl. Though, you could do what you mentioned also.. 5000 Vs matches.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Yea sorry that I didn't mention that.. I would think alternative ways of unlocking characters/stages would be there.

Just having a game save or downloaded game would make it easier to unlock stuff.

Like if you beat Twilight Princess.. Ganondorf would appear after a match in brawl. Though, you could do what you mentioned also.. 5000 Vs matches.
In that case, sign me up for your idea :chuckle:

Croco

Smash Lord
In that case, sign me up for your idea :chuckle:
Even better.. if you think about this feature.

It would be sorta like of a reward for playing other Nintendo games.. and even when completing them "This player beat Twilight Princess! Let's give em Ganondorf early so they don't need to play over 20 hours.. They already spent that time playing Twilight Princess."
:cool:

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Even better.. if you think about this feature.

It would be sorta like of a reward for playing other Nintendo games.. and even when completing them "This player beat Twilight Princess! Let's give em Ganondorf early so they don't need to play over 20 hours.. They already spent that time playing Twilight Princess."
:cool:
Dude how about this idea:

So Brawl will most likely be online right? What if you got 5 points for the Wii shop channel for every win you got? And lost 10 points for every loss. This could be split up kidna like.

You start up your Wii
Start playing Brawl
You choose to go online
And your presented on a menu between: "Pointed Matches" or "Recreational" Matches.

Hehe I'd never have to buy those ****ed cards at Wal-mart ever again :cool:.

Croco

Smash Lord
Dude how about this idea:

So Brawl will most likely be online right? What if you got 5 points for the Wii shop channel for every win you got? And lost 10 points for every loss. This could be split up kidna like.

You start up your Wii
Start playing Brawl
You choose to go online
And your presented on a menu between: "Pointed Matches" or "Recreational" Matches.

Hehe I'd never have to buy those ****ed cards at Wal-mart ever again :cool:.
That would be giving out free money.. lol :laugh: Won't happen.. but I like the idea.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
That would be giving out free money.. lol :laugh: Won't happen.. but I like the idea.
Free money? Yeah that is true, it;s almost as bad as cutting your wrist strap on your Wii. Punching a hole in your wall. Getting like 80 new straps and selling them on ebay :urg:. Not that I do that :laugh:. Anyway, I like that idea, you know how many chracters Nintendo can release with Wiiconnect24!? 5 years later there could STILL be new chracters :O.

Top Bottom