• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii internet

SoleSM

Smash Rookie
Are you trying to connect it wired or wireless?

If you want to connect it via wired connection, you will need to purchase a Wii USB LAN Adapter. I needed to purchase one in order to hook my Wii up to my college network since we lacked the technology for a decent wireless connection. Here is a link to what the adapter looks like. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/acc/wiiLAN.jsp

If you are trying to connect wireless it shouldn't be too difficult. What problems are you encountering if you are unable to connect your Wii wireless to your router?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
That's a Wii Lan?!!

I'd say you'd be better of with a wireless wi-fi connection, it's been working for me like a charm, but then again if it's your college network I can understand.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Wii doesn't have 802.11n capabilities. So you'll have to make sure your router is set to b/g for it to work. (Some can dual band simultaneously)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well Alt, it seems my device does, it's a WiFi device an integrated router, does not require a PC and gives off a good reception signal, I have no problem using it whatsoever.

:phone:

Top Bottom