• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii freezes when I select PSA hacked character... please help

Sharpshooter69

Smash Rookie
So, whenever I use PSA and BrawlBox to change a character's moveset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_0SflN4oLU&list=PL33E594CEF0243736&index=18 (If you're reading this Wacka Alpaca, thx ur a great teacher)

I tried three things:
-First, to switch samus's down b with Diddy Kong's down b, and have Samus throw a Metroid. When I selected Samus from the character select screen in PM (v 3.02, launcher v 1.04, no homebrew) my Wii froze and I had to pull the plug.
-Second, I tried something similar, but instead of Diddy Kong's down b, I used Link's down b to sub for Samus's down b. I then changed the moveset in PSA. Again, my wii froze when I chose Samus. I put my SD in my laptop and added a copy of the FitSamus.pac file FitSamus.pcs. This didn't work.
-Third, I tried to follow the tutorial for Mario. Again, my wii froze. Please help. Other people's texture hacks that I downloaded work fine. When I did basic things in Brawl Box like giving Kirby Ganon's sword, it worked fine.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Positive your freezes are caused by the fact that you modified samus itself. The PMBR has already stated that they've had a tough time modifying samus due to consistent freezes and errors when it came to her moveset (hence why she didn't appear until 3.0). You can't modify her unless you know what you're doing.

Sharpshooter69

Smash Rookie
Did you make your own PSA? If so, do you have the .rel files
What exactly do you? Yes, I edited the PSA and changed her down b. What are the .rel files, and where can I find them? I think the freezing is caused by the files becoming too large, but it seems very delicate. I increased FitSamus.pac by about 14 kb and the wii freezes.

Sharpshooter69

Smash Rookie
Did you make your own PSA? If so, do you have the .rel files
What exactly do you mean? Yes, I edited the PSA and changed her down b. What are the .rel files, and where can I find them? I think the freezing is caused by the files becoming too large, but it seems very delicate. I increased FitSamus.pac by about 14 kb and the wii freezes when I choose her.

Sharpshooter69

Smash Rookie
Positive your freezes are caused by the fact that you modified samus itself. The PMBR has already stated that they've had a tough time modifying samus due to consistent freezes and errors when it came to her moveset (hence why she didn't appear until 3.0). You can't modify her unless you know what you're doing.
The problem is, I also edited Mario's psa, exactly following the vid I linked, and that freezes also.

tan(90

Smash Apprentice
All stages and characters have corresponding .rel files. I'm not sure where to get it or modify it, but some modified PSAs require you to have a certain .rel file.

Also, I think only the common_5.pac and such have delicate file sizes. I could be wrong though...

Sharpshooter69

Smash Rookie
All stages and characters have corresponding .rel files. I'm not sure where to get it or modify it, but some modified PSAs require you to have a certain .rel file.

Also, I think only the common_5.pac and such have delicate file sizes. I could be wrong though...
Awesome, I'll look into it!
And common_5 isn't too bad, I changed some pics and everything was alright.

Top Bottom