• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii freezes at the SSS menu

Weldar-Kazooie

Smash Rookie
What DO you have textures for? What are the hacks on your Wii?

It's possible that it's just a glitch through SD Loader, but your description is too vague to give any definitive answers.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
The stage that's known to freeze is Delfino, but there are many more that freezes commonly as well.

There is a code for it though... and you might also need to disable your custom stages me thinks.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
I don't have any custom stages I just have a bunch of stage textures loaded for each stage using the Alternate File Loader. Additonal hacks are music hacks, character textures, infinite replay. I don't use smashstack whatever that is I just load hacks from homebrew and gecko os.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
And this only started happening recently after I didn't even add anything extra to the SD card. It was working perfectly for months and now it just keeps freezing at the SSS menu for reasons unknown =/

libertyernie

Smash Ace
If you press Random really fast after it appears, does it ever freeze?
When I had Smash Stack and forgot to turn on the Disable Custom Stages code (which is probably not your problem) this is what I did to keep it from freezing.

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
My friend's had this problem on their Wii(the annoying beep).

Way we fixed it was chose our stages on the random stage list and put stage select to random ;) It also worked to take out the stage exploit after Brawl+ was loaded(no-hb method).

I'm not sure but I think it may have to do with the Wii version, because I used an the same SD card on another persons pre-4.2 wii and the stage select worked fine.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
No it doesn't work when I have everything set to random I've done it that way from the before I even hacked my wii in the first place. Even the alternate stage loader is set to load stage textures randomly. I'm using 4.2 but I'm not sure the version number has anything at all to do with it >_>. I think I'm just going to quit using hacks in general because no one has a solution for this.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
No I don't use a sc_selmap.pac and I haven't edited any common5 stuff. And what files do you mean specifically? Like all of my texture, stage, and music files? Because that would take a long time and I don't really remember specific names.

Top Bottom