• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii For Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

brod1986

Smash Apprentice
I send my wii away for repairs on wednesday.

The morning i sent it away i tried to copy all the date to a flash drive to save it. Unfortunatly for reasons unknown to me my smash bros brawl date said "unable to copy"........ I then wrote in the cover letter that I sent to nintendo "please if at all possible could you save my data for super smash bros brawl.".................

So what do you think? Am i doomed to start the game all over again....from scratch?

Also will all my fc codes be gone as well?

F1r3w0lf

Smash Apprentice
Stop having a boring tuna...stop having a boring l
Depends on what was wrong with the Wii. If one of your components is just fried, defective, etc. they might leave the memory alone. But if you Wii is flat out busted or the memory is bad, you'll lose your memory. Brawl and some other games (Wii Sports, Pokemon games) can't be copied to memory sticks to prevent other people from using your saves. Next time, install the homebrew channel (details @ wiibrew.org) and get some homebrew that can dump Wii sys. memory on an SD card, so you'll have everything.

nakedsnake

Smash Journeyman
The morning i sent it away i tried to copy all the date to a flash drive to save it. Unfortunatly for reasons unknown to me my smash bros brawl date said "unable to copy"........ I then wrote in the cover letter that I sent to nintendo "please if at all possible could you save my data for super smash bros brawl.".................
I think If you get one of the power save disk from datel they allow you to bypass these restrictions on saving

Overload

Smash Lord
Yeah I tried copying brawl data once, doesn't work, good luck.

brod1986

Smash Apprentice
Good news!
My wii came back with all the saves still on it! Apparantly it was a lense & motherboard problem and they fixed it under warranty for me and i had it back within a week. UK customerservice satisfaction 100%.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Good news!
My wii came back with all the saves still on it! Apparantly it was a lense & motherboard problem and they fixed it under warranty for me and i had it back within a week. UK customerservice satisfaction 100%.
Thank goodness. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom