• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer's "Deep Breathing" momentum glitch

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Interesting. I'll be glad if we can find a way to do this without getting a successful breathing first.

Turbopasta

Smash Rookie
This is a good move to remember for trolling purposes. It's much easier to do this if you jump from the respawn platform after you die, that's the only way I was able to get the timing for it.

Mary

Smash Rookie
This is a good move to remember for trolling purposes. It's much easier to do this if you jump from the respawn platform after you die, that's the only way I was able to get the timing for it.
As long as you double jump in any direction you should be able to get it, I do a down b as soon as the first succeeds. I tried to do it with neutral jumps and failed hence why I think it is momentum based in a way.

Randomain

Smash Rookie
I can only do this either right when the match starts or right after I die.
Hopefully there'll be a way to do this without a fresh start.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
She really is on a whole other level with this yoga crap.

How is it compared to run speed? Can you do anything out of it that's notable? It'd be super interesting to see if the weird momentum carried over into other stuff haha

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It seems like the only things required to trigger the glitch is that you successfully perform a Deep Breathing in midair, then start a second one before you touch the ground, as I've been able to get it to work anywhere by using a Bunny Hood to increase my jump height.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I've done this and it is absolutely hilarious. It's pretty much like doing Deep Breathing on the ground, though. Nothing intersting really nor anything you can act out of it.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Can you still shield cancel? Or does it think you are in the air (meaning 12 frames AD lag)?

Would be a funny way to approach for a grab.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
And here I was scared that this game would lack the amusing glitches that melee had!
This games turning out to be a regular glitch-fest.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
You have just enough time to pull off the glitch anywhere if you start Deep Breathing at the very top of your double jump. You also don't even need to do it successfully. Botching the move twice works just as well.

Your movement speed is based on your air speed, meaning you can get ridiculously fast with equipment and Smash Run boosts. I'm definitely using this to cross the home stretch of Race to the Finish from now on.

Can you still shield cancel? Or does it think you are in the air (meaning 12 frames AD lag)?

Would be a funny way to approach for a grab.
It's indeed shield cancelable, so people can't really punish you easily for doing it.

Last edited:

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Wow Wii Fit Trainer was already top tier on the troll tier list with her taunts and her crawl but this pushes her to Metaknight levels of OP :p

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Took me longer to figure out that I wanna admit, turns out I was mashing the circle pad too hard XD

Step 1: Be Airborne
Step 2: Perform Deep Breath successfully
Step 3: Deep Breath Again (Deep Breath animation will take much longer now)
Step 4: Land on the Ground
Step 5: TILT the stick left and right, don't smash it unless you wanna dodge.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
You don't actually have to perform Deep Breathing sucessfully, but it'll give you more time to use the glitch if you do.

The third custom for the move has a much longer cool-off time before the circle returns to normal speed, so you can use that if you want to maximize the glitch's length.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Haha, guess who just found a use for this glitch?

Volatile Trolling
Use Volatile Breathing as your downB custom. It has a much shorter secondary activation time(about 3.5-4 seconds) making it the only downB special that can be used in a consistent manner. In tandem with the glitch, you get a shield/roll cancelable, moving bomb with a huge hitbox. Because of how large the hitbox is, you can also mix this in with huge header for a second shot as it bounces a small distance away, firing it off without ever touching it.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Yes.

The update didn't change a single thing in regards to the characters, contrary to what it implied.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm loving this glitch. Thanks for showing!

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Found even more use for this. Now even more so and applicable on all downB's.

First off you don't need to be successful in deep breathing to do this. You just need to do it twice before you hit the ground without canceling it. This fact alone suddenly makes this move outside of Volatile incredibly good.

If you weren't aware starting up another breathing will cancel the effects of anyone of them except Volatile(obviously). This coupled with the fact that unless you recently performed your breathing, you would get a penalty cool down for canceling meant that the momentum cancel it has and even using it for trolling was a waste of that initial super fast activation time.

Now knowing that you don't need to be successful to use this means you can effectively use it for momentum canceling, or as a mobile charge state that is incredibly defensive.

• To do this, just jump off stage and purposely fail the activation and jump back on stage using it.

Because it cancels into shield it's even less punishable than Shiek's needles, and you get all of the options you usually get OoS due to charge canceling.

DaisukeReds

Smash Rookie
(9)Ball, Can you make a video of it? I'd be interested in seeing your findings.. sounds like fun.

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
I just made a gfycat of it. Sorry I don't have enough posts yet to include direct links:

gfycat.com/GlassInformalChrysomelid

Top Bottom