• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

fbs397

Smash Cadet
I find it funny how obsessed people are with the characters themselves, instead of their gameplay abilities. Wii Fit Trainer is a truly unique character.

But people keep complaining: "I want my favorite character!"

But how is that character going to play?

"Oh... well"

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
This was a pretty good god/bad writeup if I do say so myself. But...

"Brawl – sorry, Lucario fans, but I think the odds of him coming back aren’t great."

Oh, the irony...

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice

"Brawl – sorry, Lucario fans, but I think the odds of him coming back aren’t great."

Oh, the irony...

Yeah, I missed that one. I'm still shocked though.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I find it funny how obsessed people are with the characters themselves, instead of their gameplay abilities. Wii Fit Trainer is a truly unique character.

But people keep complaining: "I want my favorite character!"

But how is that character going to play?

"Oh... well"
To be fair, of the newcomers we've seen so far, WFT looks the least unique. She moves in her own style, but her playstyle seems similar to both Sheik and ZSS.

fbs397

Smash Cadet
To be fair, of the newcomers we've seen so far, WFT looks the least unique. She moves in her own style, but her playstyle seems similar to both Sheik and ZSS.
I don't know about that. They're quick and agile, but I don't see any further similarities.

godogod

Smash Ace

Oh, the irony...

Yeah, I missed that one. I'm still shocked though.
I'm shocked too. On the day of the reveal, I was shocked that Sakurai had to rub it in with,"Without team support, he woouldn't be back in. Thank them. blah blah"

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
Wii Fit Trainer will definitely be one of the characters I'll play with in this new game.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Roster space is not really a thing. The only time limitations caused limits on the roster was the original. Smash Bros Melee would have added Snake if they had the time

Brawl had 7 unused characters that were removed due to time constraints.

This game is the one that I think got the roster set and ready before anything was done.

That said, this article is really well written and I like it quite a bit.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
The main thing that makes WFT unique is that a lot of her attacks hit in multiple directions.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
The main thing that makes WFT unique is that a lot of her attacks hit in multiple directions.
It's not about her playstyle, it's about her moveset itself. It's all yoga poses. Every single one of her poses she does in her games.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
It's not about her playstyle, it's about her moveset itself. It's all yoga poses. Every single one of her poses she does in her games.
As a Wii Fit player, trust me, I know. I recognized every move she did in her trailer and gameplay vids without having to look it up. I love that her fsmash is the warrior pose. I probably did that pose the most and it feels appropriate as a killing move.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
As a Wii Fit player, trust me, I know. I recognized every move she did in her trailer and gameplay vids without having to look it up. I love that her fsmash is the warrior pose. I probably did that pose the most and it feels appropriate as a killing move.
Well, warriors were well known for killing.

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
So were Trees apparently.

Even WFT's ledge attack is an exercise from the game. In my opinion, the trainer's are the most original fighters in the game.

Top Bottom