• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer Header Ledge Trap

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
(Oh look a thread not made by SInogara SInogara (disclaimer: I love him he's awesome))
[If someone has mentioned this already, just lemme know.]

Now, this is something I've seen John Numbers do a lot in tournament. I see him cancel header, and hit it with Jab 1, and wait for them to shield. This is easily useful in many situations, since it forces them to choose an option, they can hold shield, side-step, or roll. If you hit the ball right, it will have a hitbox which can do a lot of stuff for you, it can cover roll and jump, et cetera.
I'm awful at typing these things, so I'll make a poor attempt at typing out what everything does.

(After a ledge get up)
Header -> Press Shield to cancel -> Hit with Jab 1
If they shield, go for a grab and knock them off
If they roll, attempt to punish it with a smash or just grab
If they side step, do the same thing
If they jump, let the ball hit them and combo accordingly (I go for FAir in this situation).

This is a great way to rack up damage on any character, or just to get someone off stage again, since getting a free grab is nice.

I really hope this helps you all, and if I stole this thread from someone, I'm sorry :ness: :ness: :ness: :ness:

SInogara

Smash Apprentice
I made it and I try to spike the opponent if he get hit on ledge ( u have a true down air after hit :p ) , if they roll I try the Nair 1 to usmash.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Just as a note, to make the ball from Header have a constant hitbox with Jab 1, you need to hit the ball with Wii Fit's shoulder. Hitting the ball with her hand will only give it a hitbox for about 1/4th of its flight.

Top Bottom