• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer for worst grab in game...

CH4LK

Smash Rookie
Okay, before everyone flames me for pacman actually having the worst grab in game. EVERY short character is almost impossible to grab due to WFT having such a high "hitbox" with her grab. So much so that grabbing isn't a halfway reliable option against characters like Pikachu, Villager, and Kirby. I REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY love WFT's kit, especially her aerial game, but not having grab as a reliable OOS option is making me want to just give her up. What do you guys do vs all these damn *******?

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I've had a bit of a hard time fighting short characters, one reason being the grab. I use the down tilt and smash whenever I can.

I would just say to work around it. They're not that hard to KO without grabs, after all.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yeah, her grab sucks. I'm pretty sure it even has more startup than an average non tether grab to go along with its high, tiny hit-box. >,>

I would pretty much 100% agree with it being like, at least bottom 5 grab. We'll see if it's TRULY the worst as time goes on.

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Definitely the grab was hard to adjust to but I forced myself to keep using it until I got the hang of it and I found it to be a very decent punish tool if you set it up just right but that was against regular height characters and not those shorties you mentioned.

Grab isn't that bad, in terms of startup anyway. But the fact that you get guaranteed aerial grab releases on the entire cast is a nice plus.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
But the fact that you get guaranteed aerial grab releases on the entire cast is a nice plus.
I noticed this myself, and I've been looking for the best follow-up off of a grab release.
Dash attack seems to work on all characters. Short-hop N-air doesn't seem to work, but it counts as a combo in training mode, so idk. Full hop rising N-air works on some characters. From this, you can get: grab release > N-air > N-air > U-air.
Have you found the best guaranteed follow-ups?

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
well, WFT seems benefited by the roll cancel grab people found out about yesterday.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Can anybody post a video with these grab release follow ups because i can't seem to connect it since they always jump.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
WFT's grab isn't bad at all, at least I am using it consistently well.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I find it only to be annoyingly bad with some match ups. For example, it's hilariously bad against Metaknight and Kirby and practically means a smash attack to the face if you whiff it.

MitoRequiem

Smash Cadet
Okay, before everyone flames me for pacman actually having the worst grab in game. EVERY short character is almost impossible to grab due to WFT having such a high "hitbox" with her grab. So much so that grabbing isn't a halfway reliable option against characters like Pikachu, Villager, and Kirby. I REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY love WFT's kit, especially her aerial game, but not having grab as a reliable OOS option is making me want to just give her up. What do you guys do vs all these damn *******?
It really irritates me that people think Pac-Man's grab is the worst lmao, You can do some funny reads with it, but yeah I gotta say after playing her a bit Wii Fit Trainer and Robin are at war right now for worst grabs. It makes playing the character REALLY irritating for me cause I'm a Marth main, dude has a pretty good grab I also play Palutena on the side. So going from those two to Wii Fit Trainer and trying to grab someone? All my tears... Just gotta be really careful I guess :<

⑨ball

Smash Ace
All of wiifit's hitboxs are small and recover precision to land the attacks. As such her default grab will miss some crouching characters and characters who go low while in other animations like DHD while recovering.

Luckily, pivot grabs increase her range on both the x and y planes and this can be boosted with roll canceling. Seems like a fair trade off since she can pretty do the same to about 3/4's of the cast.

It's not even close to the worst grab. I'd put every single tether in the game below it.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
All of wiifit's hitboxs are small and recover precision to land the attacks. As such her default grab will miss some crouching characters and characters who go low while in other animations like DHD while recovering.

Luckily, pivot grabs increase her range on both the x and y planes and this can be boosted with roll canceling. Seems like a fair trade off since she can pretty do the same to about 3/4's of the cast.

It's not even close to the worst grab. I'd put every single tether in the game below it.
very well said here.

WiiFitBurger

Smash Cadet
It sucks since her grabs R really good

She had great follow ups like
up throw>uair>jump>fair
Nair>Fsmash
Nair>uair>fair
Down throw>bair

Game And Guy

Smash Cadet
Grab just needs a bigger range. It's ridiculous. Wii Fit Trainer needs a bigger range in general.

Her throws are delicious though.

TreezNTreflips

Smash Rookie
Her grab definitely sucks, I could deal with the height missing some characters and the grabs hitbox not having any range, but in addition there seems to be a high amount of cool down time which makes her grab seem hardly useful except at low percent to setup that upthrow combo (and punish sheild obv.)

WECKmaster329

Smash Rookie
NNID
GAMEfreak329
I usually try to grab out of my shield, and it works fairly well.This way, you can get them when they are the most vulnerable and still be protected. One thing I did find interesting, though, is that her Dair and grab have the same animation.

Top Bottom