• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer Buffs/Change Wishlist

RichWalk9891

Smash Cadet
Well, since Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now officially released, I decided to open this topic to hear what WFT mains hope to see in the upcoming series of balance patches.

Personally, I hope to see the following:

[Move-set Adjustments]
- Jab 3 ends with WFT taking a step forward instead of backwards
- Jab 3's end-lag is reduced
- FTilt has a hitbox on the heel just as the leg rises upwards
- FTilt has bigger hitboxes on the front and the back upon completing the Dancer pose
- DTilt propels WFT forward slightly, expanding her range
[As of the 3.0.0 patch, I now want to give WFT a stronger approach with her Jab 3 by having her approach the opponent after a successful bury, in order to give her the range she needs to deliver a follow-up. I also feel that her FTilt needs slightly more range from both the front and the back, hence the change.]

- Standard Grab's model leans further forward, and the grab range and active hitboxes are also extended slightly
- Dash Grab's has slightly more active frames
- Down Throw has less end-lag and the angle of Down Throw has the thrown opponent to be closer to WFT
[WFT's grab range is just terrible and her Down Throw gives her little follow-up options, hence the changes to give her a stronger offence with her throws]

- FSmash and DSmash both have slightly less start-up lag
- FSmash has an additional hitbox on WFT's knee and foot during the Warrior pose
[I wanted her FSmash and DSmash to have a bigger high risk, high reward game when she goes for a KO opportunity, and I also wanted WFT to have a hitbox on her knee and foot to solve her issues with the FSmash whiffing against smaller opponents.]

- NAir and FAir both have slightly less start-up lag
- NAir has an additional hitbox on WFT's abdomen before she completes the Jackknife pose
- FAir's arm hitbox also extends towards WFT's torso
- FAir has hitboxes on both feet, and they are both enlarged
[I wanted to ensure that WFT's NAir and FAir have less start-up lag to help her keep aggressive aerial combatants away from her, as well as give WFT hitboxes on her NAir and FAir to solve her issue with attacking opponents up-close and from below.]

- Header can also be launched in a chosen direction (e.g. FORWARD B + DOWN B will volleyball spike the ball down, FORWARD B + UP B will volleyball launch the ball up)
[While I enjoy the mix-up potential with her Header Cancel, I feel that WFT would also benefit with being able to control the direction of the ball without needing to cancel first]

- Sun Salutation % Recovery: 2>3
- Deep Breathing % Recovery: 2>3 (fresh) / 2.5 (repeat)
[Considering that 1v1 damage has been increased in Ultimate, it only seems fair that WFT's self-heal may need to be increased slightly too]

- UTilt has an additional hitbox on WFT's head
[With the new UTilt being far superior in Ultimate than it was in WiiU/3DS, I also want to have a hitbox on WFT's head to complement the hitbox on her...rear.]

- There is now a hit-box on WFT's hands during the Super Hoops Up B sequence
[I'd imagine that at a fast altitude, WFT's hands would cause some damage if it makes contact with the opponent. I also wanted to grant WFT some means of defense from opponents that will try to attack from above]

- While Deep Breathing is active, Down B is now a new move that is essentially a counter move where WFT will use 'Volatile Breathing' if the opponent's attack connects. This move deals high damage and knockback at the cost of her Deep Breathing state.
[Because Down-B has virtually no use during Deep Breathing, I had an idea of giving WFT an additional move that is based off of her Smash 3DS/WiiU Custom Down-B moveset.]

---
Anyway, these are just some ideas I threw out and I don't expect them to be taken seriously. If anyone has any thoughts on how to improve WFT, or what they would also like to see changed with WFT, feel free to list them out here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom