• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Component Cable on an HDTV

Flayl

Smash Hero
You mean component. The default cable that comes with the wii is composite.

Also lot of virtual console games don't work using component cables. Unless I misunderstood and you were talking about Megaman 9 or 10.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
All of my games (VC, GameCube, WiiWare) work with component cables. If you have a TV that has component jacks I highly recommend them.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Nes games don't work with component. It sucks... =/
But you absolutely must have a component cable for a HDTV or it will lag and look horrible.

It won't cut out all the lag, but it's definitely a major step up. Be sure to turn on the HDTV's game mode too

-LzR-

Smash Hero
From my personal experience, it cuts out all the lag that could effect the match in any way. I have never been able to notice the difference between my HDTV and my other tv.

But I have made rule for my tourneys that you don't have to play a set in a HDTV if one of the players don't want to as some people immediately start to whine about it.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Here's a good video that explains input lag on HDTV's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TETrO0GypU

I purchased a Sharp Aquos LCD because of this video and I'm very happy because I don't have any input lag when I play Brawl. Oh and yes, I have my Wii connected with the superior component cables as that allows me to play in progressive scan and in 16:9 widescreen. BTW, my N64 era Virtual Console games look and play great that way too.

Top Bottom