• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WiFi's Impact on Stages

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
So what are your best stages for wifi? Your worst? What impact do you think they have with the game during lag?

For me my worst stage is PS1. I hate playing that stage over wifi since during the stage transitions it tends to lag the game bad. It really depends on how good the connection is, but if the lag spikes hit the stage it can be a huge distraction. Especially when you have an opponent that attacks whether or not the lag is horrible or not.

(I don't know if there's a topic on this already or if it belongs in stage discussions. So for the mods out there, you can do what you want with this thread)

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I don't like PS1 on wifi either... I don't like the stage in the first place, and the ledges make it very easy to SD in wifi.

I haven't really noticed a difference in lag between stages. My connection is usually pretty good with most people.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
FD. I hate it online and offline. Not just because of a slight lag (on a good connection), but because it severely damages the properties of competition. It allows the free, unrestrained use of CGs, projectile camping, and it's quite easy to KO off the sides with strong moves. SV and BF are typically my favorite. They may force an easy advantage for people like Marth, but it's generally a easy stage to traverse, because the platforms allow you to avoid attacks easier, and punish shields above you if you have an attack that's good enough to force defenestration. Jab locks also get an easier setup, since it's somewhat difficult to tech on WiFi.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Smashville is my all around fave. I like Frigate and Delphino. PS1 is also one of my favorite stages, online or off. uMad? >=] PS2 is slowly getting in my fave list.

Anyway the transformations don't cause lag at all. A stage like Lylat does cause lag because the Wii has to actually load the background images.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
iMad brah. :glare:
Yeah I forgot about Lylat. The game also has to load the dialogue between the star fox characters.

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't really dislike any stages on Wifi, but that one lagspike on FD can be deadly. PS1 too.

Lylat has my favorite music of all the legal stages, so I don't really mind the edges being dangerous there too.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Lylat is like a floating Battlefield...except it tips. The stage isn't bad and you'll eventually get used to the ledges. As an offline wolf mainer, if you know how to scar...don't try it on this stage.

Now...FD on the other hand...

Top Bottom