• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi Spear Pillar glitched

Rorroh

Smash Apprentice
Excuse me if this isn't the right place to put it but I haven't a clue where it should be, partly because it could be a few different unconfirmable things (wifi, just a certain stage, et cetera).

My friend and I were playing online. Barely any lag, if any, and I decided to select the Spear Pillar just for a change in pace from FD. As it seems, when I jumped down to the bottom platform, I fell straight through. No lag, no transformations, just right as the match started I hopped down and through the bottom. Didn't get a replay though, but I wish I was able to; we desynced and consequently lost connection to each other after about a minute and a half.

I think it was either he got FD and I got SP, or a code I was using did it. The only code I used though was Phantom's file swap code. Anyone have any ideas as to the cause?

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
It was the file swap code. Unless you have ONLY textures and music on your SD, it will desynch you every time.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Well some stage textures can desynch, so you might want to rename the stages folder if you're gonna play online. If that doesn't help then just double-check everything in fighter, and make sure you don't have any moveset swaps or model swaps.

Rorroh

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm just gonna have one codeset for online and one for offline, since I won't need the swaps online. Thanks.

Top Bottom