• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi Lag and overall disappointment

CrazyShaman

Smash Apprentice
Guys, lag depends on your proximity to Nintendo's servers. Check WifiWars for a blog about it.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Right now, it feels like I'll play nothing but FC-matches. I don't think that I will bother with random matches, as you don't even get creds for winning, such as online ranking and stuff.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
I was under the impression that the Japanese version had to connect the players through servers located in Japan, but seeing that the US release's input delay isn't much better, I'm inclined to think that the connection is in fact peer 2 peer.

If this is the case, then I'm HORRIBLY disappointed, because this makes the wifi pretty much unplayable as far as I'm concerned. There's really no excuse for that much input delay except....poorly written netcode.

Take a look at something like GGPO, Caster (for melty blood), Kaillera p2p, or GGXXnet which are virtually lag free over a good connection. These are all home made programs too. Hell, even server based Kaillera generally does not have this much input lag.

Shame on you, Nintendo.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
OH PLEASE... u wait for the game and whine the second you get it, be thankful u didnt have to wait like us :@

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Hey, to all who feel disappointed after a few hours of play--it doesn't get better!

SGX

Smash Journeyman
and also, to clarify something....

Personally, I'm not disappointed with the game itself. I've been having a great time playing it for weeks on end. Yes, there are a number of things that I don't like about it, but overall, it's a really fun game.

The wifi input lag is mostly what I'm so disappointed with.

abectevolution

Smash Cadet
I am not getting any lag at all. Of course I have a really good cable connection. Not even a second of lag. Online is a blast.

And the game is a blast too. I'm not dissapointed in the slightest.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
It's just that right now, millions of people are attempting to play Brawl online. Of course the servers can't handle it.

Besides, how old is your router? 5 years? Upgrade to the future and enjoy it.

Top Bottom