• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wierd spike reaction -_-

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I'm a Toon Link main, playing the ever so famous Ice Climbers. I get them off the stage at 25%, and succesfully spike Popo. The other player either right before I spiked him, or aftervia spamming it, used his recovery. While Popo flew straight down at a moderate speed, Nana grabbed the ledge, and casually throws a rope to save her pal from certain death. This is the wierd part. Popo was just entering the bubble on the bottom of FD, when he flies at 100mph at the ledge. He was in a bubble at the bottom of the screen. A bubble.

And he flew back to the edge. Then proceeded to chain grab my *** into a spike resulting in my death. Nice, eyy?

I was just pointing out that even after I spiked him, Nana still dragged his *** up to the stage. What a lady -_-

KRDsonic

Smash Master
That's one of the good things about Ice Climbers, they can save eachother out of spikes. I saved Nana in the middle of being spiked by a falcon once with Up B. It looked strange having her teleport.

Miller

Smash Lord
Yea its pretty fun to actually save either one from a spike.

What happens is if you use Belay when there close enough, nana will grab the ledge, but popo is still being spiked so he still goes down even more, but still recovers because Belay was used when they were both in range.

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
i love when popo and nana are falling and then like, nana decides to up B for no ****in reason and your just the distance away from the level where u can't make it back while she's falling to her death........it's really great i'm telling u...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
i love when popo and nana are falling and then like, nana decides to up B for no ****in reason and your just the distance away from the level where u can't make it back while she's falling to her death........it's really great i'm telling u...
That's why you either use an Ice Block or normal A if you're both falling before she can do that :p

Top Bottom