• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wi-Fi Section on the DOJO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yartch

Smash Cadet
First of all, I pretty much had a heart attack this morning when I saw the update, super awesome. I even guessed it last night! :)

Well, under Game Modes, there's a whole new Wi-Fi section!
What could this mean? It can't just expand on what we know already about it, it's very basic. My guess is either Tournaments, Clans, Special Online Modes, or something along those lines. It's good to know it won't be the "bare-boned" online we were promised!
What are your guesses on the future updates?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Downloadable characters.
Downloadable stages.
Downloadable event matches.
Downloadable stickers (you don't want it, but you know it'll happen).

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
The mere existence of Assist Trophies is proof that downloadable characters won't happen. Think about it, if there was ever a possibility that Goro or Lyn could have become playable at some distinct post-release future, would they have become ATs?

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Downloadable stickers (you don't want it, but you know it'll happen).
There you have a point xDDD

I don't think any stages or characters will be downloadable, but as for event matches and stickers.. well, I dunno :p

More Game Modes over the internet... being a little pessimist, I don't think there will be; don't expect a ranking, tournament, etc. in the "with anyone" mode, but maybe with friends... Just wondering :dizzy:

RockAFella

Smash Rookie
Why the hell should they not include a ranking system...
There is one in Mario Strikers, so I think it shouldn't be a technical issue.

Garath331

Smash Apprentice
No, rankings kills online mode. If there's a reward for winning, people will start to disconnect or abuse lag. Without recording a win, it's just for fun.

Aurion

Smash Rookie
how about splitting it up with one more option if they are going to put in a ranking system in the near future. Like a divided with everyone option like ranked and unranked matches if you don't want to play ranked then use unranked for fun if you want to compare your skills with people online then play ranked it's really simple (and it would be a shame to not do this because allot of people are waiting for they're chance too get in the spotlight or at least a bit of fame)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom