• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wi-fi question

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
Really?! Me and my bro were really wondering as to whether or not you could do that, cause we all didn't want to have to take turns playing Wi-Fi. Sweet!

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I read on this forum that you can't do that... even though the Japanese commercial seemed to show otherwise.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You can do this in with anyone, and with friends too I believe.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
The ability to play with more than one person on a system online depends on which mode you are playing.

In With Friends, you can play with up to three people on one system.
In With Anyone- Team Battle, I believe you can play with two people on the same system.

However, in With Anyone- Basic Brawl, you cannot play with two people on one system. I suppose this is to prevent you from teaming up on random people who don't expect it.

EDIT: I mistook the video Byron X posted as being With Anyone - Team Battle mode, but it was With Friends. Therefore I can't confirm that With Anyone - Team Battle allows you to play with two people on one system.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
In with friends mode, you can play up to three people on one Wii.
The video I posted was with friends mode.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Ahhh this is very confusing.

will someone just answer yes or no?

Can you play two people on one wii?!

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
Everyone that i've talked to that has the game says you can only play with more than one person on the same wii with friends only. and that when they went with to the anyone menu he plugged in another controller and he couldnt do anything with it.

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
Ok so:

With Anyone: You can only have two people in a team battle; otherwise it's only one.

With Friends: Up to three on one console.

Is that how it works?

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
no the only possible way to have more than one person on the same console is with friends only, with friends your allowed up to three ppl.

Top Bottom