• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why?

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Oh, I'm sorry if I play against good people. So stfu. You're all ******** and I have proof. Yet another example of why kirby isn't "cheap" or "overpowered".

Kirby's obscene shieldstun can be blatantly abused by link. Wall + shielded kirby + u-tilting link = dead kirby. Where's the "overpowered" puffball now? He's dead.

Superboom, stfu. You're an idiot. I can't beat a 1v1 ness? Of course I can. Is it easy? No. Why? Not because I play good people, but because he's ness. I've fought almost complete noobs before and have come close to losing just because they use ness. It doesn't matter if I go to edgeguard when they just spam d-air and because of it's ****ed up hitbox AND spike, I die. I've played against good ness' before and been completely *****. Why? Because he's OVERPOWERED. That simple.

Now, there's always the chance that I'm not as good as my opponents (which happens occassionaly) and I realize that and I don't complain. But when I have some ****ing noob throw me at 35ish% and kill me? **** that.

Like I said, if you think kirby is cheap then you are just seriously ****ed up in the head.

first of all kirby counters link.

second of all I think your an idiot because your getting killed at 35% and trying to insult me over it lol, really though don't preach about how kirby isn't cheap because it seems like you know nothing of the game rofl

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Jazriel got smash online? i wanna destroy you, you seem like a good kirby noob to pick on. :)

Ness is NOT overpowered. He'd only be overpowered if the person had inhuman reflexes and speed, but since nobody does, he's not.

Kirby IS overpowered. He's very easy to use and he's simply too good of a character overall. His priority, his Disjointed hitboxes, his speedy F-smash, his super fast and powerful U-tilt with CRAZY range, and his Dair that SPIKES. Someone shielding your Dair you can always Z-cancel to a Utilt spam to F-smash shield breaker, ALWAYS.

its almost like he was MEANT to be the best character in the game..... he's nearly gamebreaking except for his light weight.

thank god pikachu can counter kirby.

*ROFL at Luigi being overpowered, that's such a predictable character because of his slow short hop.

PrimaryFox

Smash Cadet
Jazriel got smash online? i wanna destroy you, you seem like a good kirby noob to pick on. :)

Ness is NOT overpowered. He'd only be overpowered if the person had inhuman reflexes and speed, but since nobody does, he's not.

Kirby IS overpowered. He's very easy to use and he's simply too good of a character overall. His priority, his Disjointed hitboxes, his speedy F-smash, his super fast and powerful U-tilt with CRAZY range, and his Dair that SPIKES. Someone shielding your Dair you can always Z-cancel to a Utilt spam to F-smash shield breaker, ALWAYS.

its almost like he was MEANT to be the best character in the game..... he's nearly gamebreaking except for his light weight.

thank god pikachu can counter kirby.

*ROFL at Luigi being overpowered, that's such a predictable character because of his slow short hop.
Agreed.

I'm sorry Jazriel but your kirby needs some work if you are conistantly losing to ness players. Put up a video of you vs. a good ness and let us be the judges.

-PF

Thino

Smash Master
Its very hard to be cheap with Ness , but its easy to be gay with Kirby. the result is : Kirby is cheaper than Ness

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
in my experience, all kirby has to do is knock link off the edge for an incredibly easy spike kill, as link's recovery is extremely abusable from above.

greenblob

Smash Lord
That being said, you don't need a spike to abuse Link's up B. Attacking him with just a simple aerial that attacks from above or below (or has a hitbox that's slightly above or below the character) will finish off a recovering Link. It doesn't even have to be an aerial if the Link is trying to grab the edge--you can use a down smash.

Thino

Smash Master
or dtilt for sexyness...
anyway Kirby should have some trouble before getting good Links off the edge cuz he has to avoid boomies , bombs , sword slashes, feet...
the bigger the stage is the more trouble Kirby will have

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Like I said. I will admit that I'm not the greatest player but what really pisses me off is when I fight people who aren't as good as I am but they win because of their character. To me this defines the possibilty of a char having an unfair advantage aka "cheap".

So when a noob link only has to do u-tilt to shieldbreak kirby, I'd say that's unfair. When all what a Luigi has to do is u-b (which isn't hard since he can combo quite well) and kill kirby at 40% I'd say that's unfair. After all, look at jiggs. Jiggs has a 1-hit ko move (rest) but it has a penalty. Does Luigi have this? Not at all. Also look at Luigi's d-b. It has a very powerful vertical spike so asides from it being a recovery for Luigi (meaning he can knock edgeguarders away) but it can also be used for low percentage aerial kills as well as it's a drill too, just like kirby's d-air.

When ness just has to grab kirby to kill him, that's ****ed up right there. No way to say otherwise. Grabs are easy to do therefor it's an unfair advantage aka cheap. Things also like his insanely fast d-tilt, that = shield breaker.

And you say just knock link off? How do you propose I do that? Link has superiour range, has an incredible mix of projectiles and CQC moves. How is little old kirby supposed to approach? With his "overpowered" f-smash? lol...

WalrusGiraffe

Smash Rookie
why dont we just say there are no cheap characters and that the only reason people say so is because they're bitter about losing? just cuz you find someone with a strategy you cant beat doesnt make the character cheap. every character has weaknesses that can be taken advantage of, and every player messes up sometime. learn to exploit the weaknesses and people will start winning and stop complaining.

PrimaryFox

Smash Cadet
Like I said. I will admit that I'm not the greatest player but what really pisses me off is when I fight people who aren't as good as I am but they win because of their character. To me this defines the possibilty of a char having an unfair advantage aka "cheap".

So when a noob link only has to do u-tilt to shieldbreak kirby, I'd say that's unfair. When all what a Luigi has to do is u-b (which isn't hard since he can combo quite well) and kill kirby at 40% I'd say that's unfair. After all, look at jiggs. Jiggs has a 1-hit ko move (rest) but it has a penalty. Does Luigi have this? Not at all. Also look at Luigi's d-b. It has a very powerful vertical spike so asides from it being a recovery for Luigi (meaning he can knock edgeguarders away) but it can also be used for low percentage aerial kills as well as it's a drill too, just like kirby's d-air.

When ness just has to grab kirby to kill him, that's ****ed up right there. No way to say otherwise. Grabs are easy to do therefor it's an unfair advantage aka cheap. Things also like his insanely fast d-tilt, that = shield breaker.

And you say just knock link off? How do you propose I do that? Link has superiour range, has an incredible mix of projectiles and CQC moves. How is little old kirby supposed to approach? With his "overpowered" f-smash? lol...
I found it mildly amusing that "luigi's down b can be used to knock away edge guarders." That move is very predictable and if you do it near the edge when you are coming back you are left completely vulnerable after its completion. I'm not saying it never happens but my buddies and I always start cracking up when it actually hits.

-PF

ajjc89

Smash Cadet
why dont we just say there are no cheap characters and that the only reason people say so is because they're bitter about losing? just cuz you find someone with a strategy you cant beat doesnt make the character cheap. every character has weaknesses that can be taken advantage of, and every player messes up sometime. learn to exploit the weaknesses and people will start winning and stop complaining.

true dat
i agree

Jazriel

Smash Ace
You can't just u-tilt to break someone's shield that's only in the Japanese version.
Like I said. Wall + shielding kirby + link u-tilting = 100% chance to hit kirby without a chance for him to counter.

I was sitting there, I couldn't roll and I couldn't jump. Eventually I could jump but then his u-tilt just knocked me up. Maybe I could've u-smashed out of shield, idk. Nor do I care.

As I've already said, in my opinion kirby isn't cheap. While I have been vehement about this I still stand by my arguement. The only reason why I consider it a possibilty is because I was recently playing a kirby and he was incredibly annoying.

If I could accurately describe him and the situation I'd have to say this: first of all, he was a complete *******. Even though he was very good at using kirby in a way I've never seen before (aka being cheap with him) he wasn't that good at smash (at least compared to me). THEREFORE, I can understand why you all say kirby is cheap. I can see why you say his d-air spike is unfair etc. All though, in my defense. It was teams and my teammate sucked so in 1v1 it may have been different as my whole attention would've been focused on him but as it was: I can see why kirby is considered cheap.

I can also see why I don't consider him to be "cheap." My very play style does not abuse kirby's cheap moves therefore I don't consider them or use them the way this particular fellow did so I wouldn't consider him cheap.

Anyway, point is: I see how he's considered cheap. I see what his d-air can do and I know how annoying his u-b is. I still don't see him as cheap because a lot of characters have unbalanced things about them so in comparison he fits right in. Just my two cents.

malva00

Smash Master
Like I said. Wall + shielding kirby + link u-tilting = 100% chance to hit kirby without a chance for him to counter.

I was sitting there, I couldn't roll and I couldn't jump. Eventually I could jump but then his u-tilt just knocked me up. Maybe I could've u-smashed out of shield, idk. Nor do I care..
You don't know what you're talking about

greenblob

Smash Lord
Actually, I just tried that. Link's utilt isn't a shield breaker--once I let go, the shield goes down. Then I reversed it and tried Kirby's utilt and the shield stayed up until it was broken (this is all against a wall btw).

And as for "cheapest character," I'd have to go with Jiggs, at lower/intermediate levels of play at least. Massive recovery distance, good reach with nair, decent forward smash, powerful back throw, and if your opponent can't DI, drill kick>anything including utilt chains (which can lead to rest, forward smash, or aerials) and three great finishers such as rest, up smash, and back throw. Every time I run across a noob who wants to learn how to beat his friends, I tell him to use Jigglypuff. They're usually bewildered by my strange choice of character, but after I show them some combos, they'll come back a few weeks/months later telling me that they destroy all of their friends now.

CyrusTheGreat

Smash Cadet
there is no cheap characters or cheap moves

Cheap character is if someone ****ing plays as Giant DK, metal mario or the master hand.

kirby's D+A, big whoop. Its a good move, get used to it.

Thino

Smash Master

I was sitting there, I couldn't roll and I couldn't jump. Eventually I could jump but then his u-tilt just knocked me up. Maybe I could've u-smashed out of shield, idk. Nor do I care.

As I've already said, in my opinion kirby isn't cheap. While I have been vehement about this I still stand by my arguement. The only reason why I consider it a possibilty is because I was recently playing a kirby and he was incredibly annoying.

If I could accurately describe him and the situation I'd have to say this: first of all, he was a complete *******. Even though he was very good at using kirby in a way I've never seen before (aka being cheap with him) he wasn't that good at smash (at least compared to me). THEREFORE, I can understand why you all say kirby is cheap. I can see why you say his d-air spike is unfair etc. All though, in my defense. It was teams and my teammate sucked so in 1v1 it may have been different as my whole attention would've been focused on him but as it was: I can see why kirby is considered cheap.

I can also see why I don't consider him to be "cheap." My very play style does not abuse kirby's cheap moves therefore I don't consider them or use them the way this particular fellow did so I wouldn't consider him cheap.

Anyway, point is: I see how he's considered cheap. I see what his d-air can do and I know how annoying his u-b is. I still don't see him as cheap because a lot of characters have unbalanced things about them so in comparison he fits right in. Just my two cents.
what you are blabbering about since the beginning is about YOUR kirby playstyle. you're not being objective at all , and I guess nobody cans. So its better not qualifying any character because of one or two moves.

Top Bottom