• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why you shouldn't give up.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=756]Why you shouldn't give up.[/drupal]

When I first started playing Brawl, of course I was a huge noob. Never played Melee, so I was a new Smasher. I could never kill my friend because I didn't know what a smash attack was, so I always tried to use Kirby's predicable as ever Down+B and Side+B to kill, and he used Snake so he would never die until 300 freakin percent.

Anyways I decided to try new characters. Donkey Kong, Peach, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Ness + Lucas, Game and Watch, anybody I thought that sucked (please refer to the first sentence before you bash me, I also did not know that Smashboards existed.) because maybe I'd find somebody that was good in somebody I thought sucked. I still didn't know how to play the game, so it didn't matter who I picked.

I eventually learned how to play after watching the friggin "How to Play" video and reading the game manual. Learned how to roll, do smash attacks, grab (lulz) and other basic functions. I got better but was still not good. I mained Game and Watch because I thought he sucked and I wanted to play as a character that wasn't good and I would be good as him.A few months later I picked up R.O.B, and declared him my secondary. I got better, but I still sucked.

I still felt like I needed to improve, so I googled Super Smash Bros. Brawl forums and found this place. I came here to learn about the game, learn matchups, etc. Somebody at school told me about a Smash tourney in my area, so my and my friend trained for it. I went there not expecting to win, and of course I didn't. I lost so bad, I couldn't beat anybody lol (except this one Samus player who I didn't get to fight in the tournament but I got him in friendlies). After the tournament, I decided to drop G&W and robot as my mains. I decided to pick up Falco after seeing how well he could perform in the tournament. I got good with him and declared him my main. I never got to go to any tournaments after that though, hopefully I will soon.

I decided to start playing as a bunch of characters that I have never picked up before, and found Donkey Kong to be more fun than Falco. Now he is my main.

Now that I look back on the day I lost that tourney, I can see how silly I was to drop G&W and robot. I haven't really played with them seriously since, and that's really dumb because, since I lost with them, shouldn't I have just gotten better instead of giving up? I realized that a few days ago. I'm gonna start playing G&W and robot again.

That was the stupidest blog ever and omg I can't believe I typed that what a scrub I am.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Good thing you stuck with it. We all need those wake-up calls once we start to get complacent with out skill level. If you don't get out there and do tournies, you'll stay at the skill level of your friends and never step your game up.

Top Bottom