• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why you should use Beat

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I played against a Wind DK in a local tournament a few weeks ago. He'd catch me on some of my laggy moves and knock me way horizontally off stage with the wind punch. I couldn't recover with Rush but Beat let me get back. Beat let me survive some stupid attacks.

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
I went tornado hold against custom dk in an online tourney once, i really regretted that, i got gimped twice on both games and i really didn't even used tornado hold at all except for recovering, i guess i needed more pratice before using tornado hold xp.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
As much as I love Beat for recovering, the slow wind up for it can easily make you a sitting duck. I prefer Rush Coil for quick recovering, but as a recovery, Beat is amazing. Just know that you're setting yourself up for a possible spike.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I always prefer beat over rush.

You have to use danger wrap to cover your recovery.

With the extra distance beat gives you it allows you to go deeper to launch the danger wrap.

Not to mention it is great for stages where you can come up through the floor like delfino, skyloft, etc.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
It seems you Beat supporters understand something that we mere Rush users have yet to comprehend. Perhaps it would be educational if you would post a video of Beat being used successfully in a tournament match?

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I will post an anthers ladder video of it when I can. Hopefully within the week?

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
I have 100 hours in the game and I still haven't encountered Beat as a custom move. The reason I don't use Beat is self-explanatory.

Top Bottom