• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why You Should Attend UGC's $40K Smash Open

As 2016 comes to a close, fewer and fewer major Smash tournaments are left every weekend. Among the handful of remaining majors, one tournament is looking to bring the hype for both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: UGC Smash Open. With many of the world's best competing for over $40,000 (split between both games) and esteemed tournament organizers Bassem "Bear" Dahdouh and Matthew "MattDotZeb" Zaborowski running the tournament, UGC Smash Open is shaping out fantastic experience for attendees and viewers alike. For those still considering attending UGC Smash Open in person, here's a few reasons why you should go.

The Best of the Best

UGC Smash Open has no shortage of top talent. Expect many exciting moments at the event as 14 of the top 25 players from the 2015 SSBMRank, 13 of the top 25 players from the PGR v1 and many more compete with tens of thousands of dollars on the line. Some of the players competing at UGC Smash Open include:

• Melee: Adam "Armada" Lindgren, Juan "Hungrybox" Debiedma, William "Leffen" Hjelte, Jason "Mew2King" Zimmerman, Zac "SFAT" Cordoni, Jeffrey "Axe" Williamson, DaJuan "Shroomed" McDaniel, James "Swedish Delight" Liu, Mustafa "Ice" Akcakaya, James "Duck" Ma, Johnny "S2J" Kim and more

• Smash 4: Gonzalo "ZeRo" Barrios, Elliot "Ally" Carroza-Oyarce, Nairoby "Nairo" Quezada, Leonardo "MK Leo" Lopez, Jason "ANTi" Bates, Yuta "Abadango" Kawamura, Takuto "Kameme" Ono, Ramin "Mr. R" Delshad, Larry "Larry Lurr" Holland, James "VoiD" Makekau-Tyson and more
A Great Player Experience

As previously mentioned, UGC has brought on reputable TOs Bear and MattDotZeb to make the event the best it could be. Aside from the main events, here some more reasons to experience UGC Smash Open:

• 20K square feet in the venue dedicated to Smash (80 setups per game)
  • Convenient location -- multiple hotels and restaurants within walking distance of the venue
Registration

For more information check out the event's official smashgg page. To register, click here -- be sure not to miss on what is sure to be on of the year's most memorable tournaments!

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Anyone know how one would get their hands on a spectator pass? I'll be damned if I don't attend a major half an hour away from me, but I can't find any information on where to get one!

I really want to attend but the only day I can is Sunday, but I hear the spectator passes are 30$! Does anyone know how to get in for cheaper?

Top Bottom