• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why will you be maining Bayonetta?

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I am one of the people most dedicated to my character I know. I've been maining Ganon in every smash game he's in, but I am such a huge Bayonetta(platinum games in general) fan that I have to main her. I HAVE TO.

And I was real sceptical of people who off the bat decided they were M2/Ryu/Cloud mains.

Why will you main Bayonetta?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I only really do have two criteria
-Do I like the character
-Is the character fun to play

In regards to Bayo, the first question is yes. I love her games and the character itself.
The second question is impossible to answer yet.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes.

After she was revealed for Smash Bros. my friend got me Bayonetta 2 because I missed out last year (well, two years now).
Having played both, these are some of the best games I've played in a long time and I'd be remiss to not play as their very very awesome protagonist.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Yes definitely absolutely.

The only character I really wanted from the Smash Ballot. Huge fan of her games and excited for her to dominate Smash. :4bayonetta:

D

Deleted member

Right now, my main is :4villager:, loved the AC series, and I LOVE his design in Smash.
This is what makes me grab a character, If I like a character, moveset, playstyle, and if I genuinely enjoy playing as said character. Just like with :4villager:, I wanted :4bayonetta:, I love the character. I voted for her, and she was my main picks in the Ballot, along side :popo::ivysaur:. When :4bayonetta: releases, I will surely grab her, if I like her, then I'll consider her.:drflip:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I am a huge fan of her character. Most of the time I prefer to move as graceful characters like :4miisword:(hence my icon), :4zelda:, :4palutena::4robinf:, :rosalina:, and :4peach: while occasionally :4shulk:, :4pit:, :4cloud:, and :4lucas:.

In anticipation for :4bayonetta: I've started playing as :4zss:, :4sheik:, :4greninja:, :4sonic:, and :4wiifitm: so I can practice with speedy characters.

I adore Bayonetta, and intend to main her soon as she gets here.

Last edited:

MadSlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MadSlayz
3DS FC
1349-8227-6136
Firstly, Bayonetta has one of the most entertaining movesets to watch. While watching the trailer I was in AW of how cool her moveset is and what she's geared to be, a combo fighter. Secondly her personality, Bayonetta is sassy, independent, basically gives no ****s, especially if someone pisses her off, and she is very graceful when beating the hell out of something. This represents my personality PERFECTLY when Im around people. Finally she looks like a character that can be Top Tier and can play multiple playstyles. Overall and great character and I can't wait to use her.

Fasterthansoup

Smash Rookie
NNID
fasterthansoup
I'm not sure yet. Honestly I'm just looking for another good character that's fun to play and covers some of my weak match ups

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I don't even know how to start with.

I've wanted :4bayonetta: in Smash Brothers since the Summer of 2015. I voted for her daily on the ballot. I was wanting her more than :snake:and that's saying alot because I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid fan. I generally main characters that have a speedy playstyle and characters that I have a good relationships with for example. The reason why I main :4sonic:is because I'm a huge fan of the Blue Blur and I pretty much idolized when I was little. The reason why I main :4sheik:is because Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games of all time. I really liked her role in Ocarina of Time. She always shows up at the right time and gives Link the right song and the right advice. (Fun Fact: One of her quotes was going to be my Senior Quote) The reason I main :4cloud:is because FFVII has got to be one of the best RPG's of all time and that i have played. FFVII has such a lovable story/characters/soundtracks I've ever seen.

And for :4shulk:I dunno I guess I'm just really feeling it or something.

So yeah I'll definitely be maining :4bayonetta:no matter if she fits my playstyle or not kinda of an unwritten rule I have lol.

Endurrr

Smash Cadet
I might main bayonetta alongside King Dedede because they both have cancellable taunts

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm going to main her because I loved the Bayonetta games. She was one of, if not my most wanted character in Smash after playing Bayonetta 2, and now that's she here, I must dedicate myself to her. Even if she's literally bottom of the tier list, I'll stil main her.

Also, dem combos, boy.

kingofconeyisland

Smash Rookie
NNID
coneyislandking
well I love everything about her. she has a nice design, cool personality, and awesome games. Her moveset is also perfect <3

Last edited:

Parisienne

Umbran Witch
My most played character is Ganondorf, who as you all may be aware is bloody awful in the grand scheme of things. The way I see it, there's NO way Bayo could be worse than Ganon (I mean, it's possible I guess but super unlikely). Making the switch to my favourite VG character (Except maybe C.Viper) is an upgrade of some form. Possibly a huge one. She's going to be very popular on launch, she looks fun, sylish and she's an adored character..

I can't contain the hype, but I am not taking part in theorycrafting based on a trailer.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Bayonetta is the greatest female video game character of all time, hands down. She is THAT *****. She gives 0 ****s, kicks ass and looks great doing it. I honestly hope that she is mid-low tier because I dont want all of the tier-trolls using her everywhere. Or people questioning my motives for using her. Her inclusion in smash is the ultimate FAN service, so she should be used by her true fans and not a bunch of lames exploiting her (potentially high) tier status. At the very least I hope she has a high learning curve to deter those who arent fully dedicated to the cause.

Last edited:

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
omfg I was about to start this thread, but you beat me to it! I'll be honest I hadn't heard anything about Bayonetta until the fighter ballot was being passed around, but as soon as I heard about it I was like "I think I’m just really surprised by the fact that no one told me there was a game about a glamorous witch who kills angels for a living and summons the giant leg of a high heel wearing demon to crush them….Im p sure thats basically my aesthetic….." I've always been fascinated by witchcraft and even dabbled in some stuff in highschool so her game really caught my attention after I found out about it, and I definitely was not disappointed! I think I just really appreciate the amount of little details they threw in that I immediately recognized from things I had learned when reading about the occult. I also very much appreciate the heels of madama butterfly as an in game stomp, as I personally am a big fan of high shoes (I tend to wear a lot of platforms). So yeah I'm basically maining Bayonetta cus she fits my aesthetic and is my new fav video game character. This is just like when I found out about Earthbound from smash bros, honestly bless this series for introducing me to some of my favourite games.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
I am definitely maining Bayonetta. She's cool, elegant, sexy, glamorous, powerful, and most of all has ~SASS I already main Zelda who is pure sass and am hoping to increase the sass squad with Bayonetta. I already like combo characters so I imagine i'd like her. My only hope is that she's floaty. I can not for the life of me play fast-fallers, but i'll manage.

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Bayonetta is one of my favorite characters of all time, and to top it all off, she looks to be a great character in Smash! For me as a tournament player, it's something I need to be successful while having the most fun I can! I'm the most motivated when my favorite characters are really good. And honestly, I think it would be a disgrace to the character if she was bad or even mediocre in this game, because she was designed to be so great in her source games.

I really enjoy her games, and love the sass she brings to the battlefield; she even has her rare, emotional moments that show a caring side to her. She's super fun to play as in her games, and I imagine it will be the same in Smash. :)

I plan on winning tournaments with her; I'll put in the work to have her optimized and show how awesome of a character she is!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
It is very likely I will main Bayonetta. Sakurai himself said that Bayonetta plays very similarly to how she plays in her games, which I am fairly good at, so I fancy her playstyle will feel natural to me. Plus, I like a character with a good projectile game.

Bayonetta is overall a very flexible character; she's not only agile, she is able to attack up close and from afar.

That said, however, I'll probably spend a lot of time in training mode before jumping straight into For Glory.

Last edited:

RandomGuySheep

Smash Cadet
Let's be honest w/ ourselves, we're only maining her because she's hot. No shame guys, no shame. . .

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Let's be honest w/ ourselves, we're only maining her because she's hot. No shame guys, no shame. . .
Nah, If I'd (entirely) go by that, most female characters in Smash 4 would be superior.
Bayo has weird body proportions and covers less fetishes than most characters.

I actually genuinely like her because she kicks ass like a female Dante would.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Nah, If I'd (entirely) go by that, most female characters in Smash 4 would be superior.
Bayo has weird body proportions and covers less fetishes than most characters.

I actually genuinely like her because she kicks *** like a female Dante would.
Don't lie bruh. You main zss. Also it looks like they gave her more normal proportions for smash.

jazaniac

Smash Rookie
A couple reasons:
  • I think Bayonetta as a character is ****ing amazing. One of the strongest female characters in recent memory, hilarious, and deep.
  • She's going to be combo-oriented. She has to be. Her games are all about building up huge combos with massive finishers, and there's no way sakurai wouldn't translate that over.
  • She's going to be stylish. Her games are just as much about style as effectiveness.
  • Her aesthetic design is awesome. It's unique, and hot as hell.
  • I've played all her games and loved them.

Last edited:

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't particularly looking forward to her reveal, but I'm still maining her as I called dibs on her against my friends back in July, she looks fun as hell to play as, she has (a) projectile(s), and especially because the last DLC. My friends will get salty that Scorpion or Sora didn't come instead XD

RandomGuySheep

Smash Cadet
I DO main ZSS partially because of my little fellows input, but this is not the case with Bayo.
There's nothing wrong w/ liking her simply because of her aesthetics, so stop acting superior like you have some greater reason for playing her besides her looks. Nah, dawg, you're just like the rest of us.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I will definitely main Bayonetta no matter how good or bad she may be. I really love the character and the way they implemented her in the game. I thought she was impossible to have in Smash. So I was absolutely surprised and therefore I'm superhyped for Bayonetta. Can't wait to play her and as an Olimar main, I know what it means to play a character with dedication, so I'll certainly not drop her under any circumstances.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I'm super happy to see everyone's honorable, or dishonorable ;), reasons.
Happy to see we have so many Bayonetta fans here too! I'd have been satisfied with Wonder Red, Sam Gideon, or even Yorda 2B, but it's great to see Bayo get some attention. Maybe smash will inspire Bayo 3 as well.

I'd want revengence raiden too but I don't think konami'll be so kind, lets try to get snake back though!

Last edited:

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
I will be maining her because

-I voted for her
-I voted for her more than 4 times
-I main D3
-D3 is pretty bad but hes fun.
-I secondary Pikachu
-Pikachu isn't fun, but gets the job done.
-D3 would work more as a wildcard secondary than my first character.

I have never actually played through a Bayonetta game, I played a demo at a Target and the amount of mind blowing/OMFG/WTF is happening- moments that little demo packed in, I was sure that her game would be awesome.

I don't understand any of the lore, or much of her story besides that shes a witch.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
She won't take :4zelda:'s place, but:

-I wanted her since Bayonetta 2's reveal on WiiU, as I was fan of the first game.
-She's is a witch, and I tend to love characters who uses magic.
-The moveset looks fun
-IT'S BAYONETTA

Really, I simply play characters that I like. The only exception is :4palutena:, that I still play a lot, but I struggle a bit with her.

So now that :4bayonetta: is confirmed, I'll make sure that I'll know how to play her. I must do it.

Last edited:

Crudele

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xbulsajawnx
1. Voted for her
2. Already used to slow *** frame data with zelda
3. Sassy bad*** dark witch bae with gun heels

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
I won't be maining her, but it certainly looks like she'll be part of my roster of usable characters. I only really "main" who I have the most fun playing, and that currentmy belongs to the Dark Lord himself. The ones who follow behind him are Ike, DK, and ROB in no particular order, and there are many others that I can use well enough. I predict Bae will be one of my tops though.

I mean, I beat Bae 2 with all pure platinum, so I can't not play her.

HoshiRyan

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrystallicRain
I'm definitely going to be giving Bayonetta a shot. I love her games and from what I've seen in the trailer for her, her playstyle seems right up my street. Regardless if she's top tier or not (which I think she will be) I'm pretty positive :4bayonetta: will be one of my mains. I'm not one to just play characters if they're top tier, I prefer playing as characters who I visually like and if I like they're playstyle I'll pick them up. I sorta don't like the idea of tier lists as any character can really beat any other but that's a whole other story. For sure gonna give Bayonetta a shot.

Gerbs

Smash Rookie
Because I've been maining Ganondorf since Melee and I aside from being a fan of the series since its Xbox 360/PS3 debut it looks like a pretty interesting character and a change of pace for me. She was my vote in the Smash ballot and her moveset looks pretty unique.

My only real qualm is the fact that she fits in with that whole Fire Emblem/Cloud/Animu aesthetic which has sort of plagued this game. At least it's actually a Nintendo owned character this time.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
To be completely fair, Bae actually has been in an anime movie. No, I'm not counting CG movies for Cloud.

Gerbs

Smash Rookie
To be completely fair, Bae actually has been in an anime movie. No, I'm not counting CG movies for Cloud.
Has been in one but it was not her origin, neither was Cloud or the FE bunch. However FE is pretty over-represented Sakurai even admitted to that and Cloud just, honestly feels like a shallow cash grab.

I was more just commenting on character designs in that the over-represented FE and Cloud contribute to and just expressing my disappointment that though Bayo is a Nintendo owned character (like FE, unlike Cloud) aesthetically appears to be cut from the same cloth.

Top Bottom