• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why we WILL most likely be playing Brawl 6 years after it's release

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
If you have the balls to say you are a Smash faithful and a fan of the series, then you will not let a mere technicality that is a fresh new game get in the way of the product you revel as one of your faves.

There is a fresh new game to build from. Fresh new tactics, strategy, characters, and a whole plethora of other things to help GUARANTEE that this game can excel over what Melee was.

Melee was rushed. some of the advanced techs were left in because Melee was not coated with another coat of paint. Brawl in a way is what Melee was supposed to be, but something more, and something different.

If you call yourself a "pro player," then you should be looking forward to all the new ways you can further your game.

Every last one of you who gripe about the game lacking depth are taking the game at face value. You have not picked it apart, so shut the hell up and quit judging a games depth by APPEARANCE. Is the saying, "don't judge a book by it's cover" so hard to grasp, or is ignorance hereditary?

I am tired of the bellyaching wannabe "pros" who judge a games technical aspects by appearance, especially considering if they really WERE "pros" then they would realize that Melee only got where it got with long hard YEARS of dedication.

BTW...do me a favor and don't call yourself a "pro." If I haven't heard of you, then you are worth about as much as the dirt beneath my heel.

So clam up. This is the same game in a sense that it is the same franchise and led by the same guy. Just because things were made far more accessible for a larger audience doesn't mean that Sakurai doesn't wish for this game to be technical. So he took out a few things. Has it ever OCCURRED to anyone here that the changes were basically mandatory due to the engine shift? No? I figured as much, you are too busy bawling.

I am done. Rant and rave all you want... it doesen't make a bit of difference you guys...

The balls are inert.

That is all.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Positive threads FTW. Though there are a lot of these too, they help to balance out the amount of negative threads, so it's fine if you ask me.

OP is a cool guy.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it will take longer than 6 years to get all of the trophies and stickers in this game

......>_>

Rash

Smash Ace
I agree about the physics change.

Anyone who actually expected Brawl to be just Melee with more stages and characters had a rough welcome ahead of them from the get-go. When a game's interactive environment gets as revamped as it was for Brawl, serious changes should be expected. This is especially so considering the addition of Havok physics to the game.

Really, the devs did a great job at balancing realistic and unrealistic aspects. The whiners can complain all they want, but most of them just prefer a rushed game with a lot of glitches over a "complete" game which has been mostly fine-tuned in its mechanics. The rest of us can be in awe of how solid and well-built the game's engine is. To game developers, Melee is an example of a game that got by, but could've used some extra polish, whereas Brawl is as perfect as you can get within a two-year development period.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
@maxpower1227: It will definitely last until the new Nintendo console comes out and a fourth smash is constructed.

Although I hope there won't be another. I love this franchise too much, and with all they achieved with Brawl, there is not much else they can do with the series but add new characters and new levels.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well, the online is "watered down", there is still a lot of balancing to do from the sounds of things, and there is no option for dlc. If Smash Bros was on 360 or PS3, it would have to be the last perfect Smash Bros, but it's not, it's on Wii, there are SO many things that prevent it from being the ultimate fan project by being on Wii, mostly the online restrictions, lack of patches and dlc.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Although I really LOVED Melee, now that I have played Brawl once, I can't go back! Woo!!!

And about the SSB4 thing, I agree. Brawl is perfect anyways.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Well, the online is "watered down", there is still a lot of balancing to do from the sounds of things, and there is no option for dlc. If Smash Bros was on 360 or PS3, it would have to be the last perfect Smash Bros, but it's not, it's on Wii, there are SO many things that prevent it from being the ultimate fan project by being on Wii, mostly the online restrictions, lack of patches and dlc.
There can easily be DLC. Guitar Hero 3 is getting DLC, don't know when but they are.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I think that will be a lot more simple though. Downloadable characters will be a lot harder to pull off on the Wii. Alternate costumes would be "possible" I guess, but I think we could expect EXACT same movesets, this means Mewtwo with Lucario's moveset if that would be considered an alt.

I think lack of Mewtwo and Roy, unbalanced roster, as well as an imperfect online mode, is what makes SSB4 possible.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Technicallity seems (heavy emphasis on the 'seems' because I actually realize the game hasn't been out for that long yet) to have been traded for Strategi...cality? :p

For example, the fact that knockback and damage greatly decrease by spamming attacks allows for so much combo potential and strategical depth (spamming weak attacks so knockback decreases so you can keep comboing then follow up with a finisher for example. Or saving a spike/dair for when you need to intercept someone in mid-air because nearly everyone seems to recover really well in this game, etc.)

The game still requires skill and it's a fighting game, therefore, it can be played competetively.

And really, come on, show some fanboyism!
It's Mario, Sonic, Snake, Link, Pikachu, Kirby and more in the same dang game where they get to beat the crap out of each other! EPIC!

I didn't buy Melee because it had wavedashing and l-cancelling.
I bought it because it had my favorite video game characters all fighting each other in their full glory.

Same reason I'll buy Brawl and play it for years to come. Because now it has even more of my favorite characters!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm pretty sure it will take longer than 6 years to get all of the trophies and stickers in this game

......>_>
lol.

Seeing as I'm not competitive, and the roster sucks this game probably won't last me like Melee did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom