• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why We Want Wario

Ace55

Smash Lord
So why did we pick Wario again? Was it because you already thought he was the best character Nintendo games had to offer (*Without a doubt*)? Was it because you noticed he's the only character that can drive over people with a bike (*hell yes*)? Or because every so often you get a chance to release your garlic powered farts on someones head (*haleluha*). Or did you simply fall for his Jigglypuffisch air game (*offcourse*), unique (air)grab (*somewhat*) or amazing recovery (*just happened to be there*)?
It's obvious that Wario is a pretty amazing fighter, but so are others. So why did you choose him?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Isn't it obvious? Wario is metal as hell! \m/ (><) \m/

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
I chose him by accident. In a matchup with some buddies a few days, we all picked random characters and it turned out I was better than average with him. Since then I've just tried to improve with him.

He's a whirl to play with some many offensive options available and the awesome mindgames he can create.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Because he is Wario. He should have been in Melee but he wasn't unjustly treated. Wario is a great anti-hero and I just find him to be an all around funny character. Besides, people get pissed when their serious fighters like Zelda, Snake, or Bowser lose to goofballs like DK and Wario.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
Well, he is Wario, one of my top N characters, only rivaled by Luigi, also his play style seems so... comfortable. At first I thought I might not use him for serious matches and stick with my old Luigi, but that changed the minute I started playing with my friends:laugh:.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario is the greatest Nintendo character ever.... and to top that all off he's hilarious in both his looks, his actions, and his fighting style... why would anyone NOT play him? Unless of course they were just being serious business about the game, and wanted an easier chara to play.

Lord Genome

Smash Rookie
I love Wario, loved his games (not so much the Warioware games, but they're still enjoyable), played him in Mario Kart ever since 64.

Him being in Brawl was a godsend, but I was a little down on the fact that he was sporting his Warioware duds.

The Overalls Wario update was like an early Christmas for me.

Anyways, Brawl came out, I played Wario for my first match and knew everything was going to be alright, he felt completely natural to use for my playstyle.

Wario4Ever

Smash Cadet
I luved Wario since he was fooling around in his first adventure on kitchen island. He is amazing and i have played him in every game that he is in. Thank god I am good with Wario in this game as well =)

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Because I always though the Wario land games were better than the Mario land ones. :D

That and the fact that hes my favorite character only second to Waluigi.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
The fact that the Wario land games are amazing, and how he was denied his rightful place in melee which disappointed me greatly. As soon as he was shown in the Brawl trailer I was stoked. His fighting style happened to go easily with me since my melee main was Jiggs.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He likes disrespectful activities, which is why he plays as Wario. Since when has Wario obeyed rules? :)
Im gonna put a little spin on Destructo's Sig

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Wario is the only character in Nintendo history to take mario's castle from him aww yeah.

Also has the best car ever. Wario Land 4 is amazing >_>

He never blinks also, and his teeth are pearly white despite everything he eats.

Also: Sound Test -> Wario -> 39

I want a Wario Mustache. Too bad Wario is the only one able to have it because the aura of awesomeness it emanates immediately burns off the face of anyone else. Why do you think Waluigi stuck to his half-***** version of it?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually I never mained Dr. Mario... Just picked that name for some reason lol. So that would make me your evil twin even more since we probably had different mains :) This is my main reason to play as Wario; whether you lose or not, there are not many things that are more humiliating than getting hit by the fat man's fart. The other is beating Marths that think his sword is unstoppable.

I wish I could find this one sig that I made a few months back. It's kinda like one of those "Got Milk?" pictures but with Wario and it says "Got Gas?" and there's a bottle of Beano near him and it's crossed out. Maybe someday...

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
Wario is the only character in Nintendo history to take mario's castle from him aww yeah.
What ever happened to his castle anyhow? In later games, Mario just has a humble little hut to himself. And the Mario castle IS not the same as Toadstool castle (which Bowser HAS stolen on a couple of occasions).

I guess Mario just wouldn't put up with having to drain all the lava and disable all the death traps that Wario imported and just moved out.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why? First off, I was severally disappointed when he didn't show up in Melee and was definately the most deserving character that got the shaft. Second, I love his playstyle. It's so unorthodox especially for a guy that's so overweight. :laugh: Also, there's something incredibly satisfying about KOing someone with a fart or running them over with the bike. Third, the Wario Land games are among the best platformers Nintendo has ever made and the Wario Ware games are gaming with ADHD. Fourth, Wario is the Anti-Sonic, enough said.

Colten

Smash Cadet
Wario is the greatest video game character, that's why. I'm so glad his overalls outfit is in, the old Warioland games are the best. I'm still searching for all the treasure in the original Wario land. Wario's awesome moveset, aerial mobility, recovery and fart attack is a plus​

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Wario isn't my main.
He isn't my favorite nintendo character.
I actually don't like him that much.
But I always choose him in item battles.
Cause Warioman is the result of Chuck Norris not grooming himself.
Best Final Smash!!!!

Top Bottom