• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why use the forward smash when you can use the neutral special?

CPF206

Smash Rookie
I need to know: Why do people ever user the People's Elbow when you can use the Falcon Punch?

protato

Smash Apprentice
fsmash is frame 18

falcon punch is frame 52 i think and lasts like 99 frames

I need to know: Why do people ever user the People's Elbow when you can use the Falcon Punch?
This might be a satisfactory answer. When you use Falcon Punch there is a certain amount of draw back time. You see the punch coming. You know its going to happen. Then, there is the follow-up. However, how is that satisfying at all when its so slow and drawn out. The opponent sees it, reconciles to defeat, and gets hit. They have enough time to for last prayers.

The Elbow has that flicker of a moment when you see it coming. You know its going to happen, and the opponent has this last moments thought of Oh, crap. They Oh, crap because they released they just missed Falcon and are helpless in lag. Before the elbow comes crashing into the opponent before they have that split second to hate themselves for making such a mistake.

The punch instills a feeling of darn it. The elbow is a more explosive feeling of Oh, crap, I ****'d up.

Punches are over rated.

Last edited:

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
The only reason I ever Falcon Punch over Fsmash is if I am airborne. Leaping turn around Falcon Punch can situationally crush opponents, as can returning to the stage with Falcon Punch. When you're airborne you also have the option to angle the punch up or down, to give you some extra loft or dip to hit a sharking opponent. Also, if you get sent high off stage facing away from the stage, turn around Falcon Punch can turn you towards the stage and cover your approach. But for the most part you just never want to do it.

Last edited:

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Falcon Punch is hella slow and really damn hard to setup.
Elbow is not nearly as slow and not that hard to reliably setup.

Elbow can also dodge moves because of the pull back before he's about to elbow the **** out of you.
F Punch is basically asking to be spanked

MattyMutt

Smash Cadet
The only reason I ever Falcon Punch over Fsmash is if I am airborne. Leaping turn around Falcon Punch can situationally crush opponents, as can returning to the stage with Falcon Punch. When you're airborne you also have the option to angle the punch up or down, to give you some extra loft or dip to hit a sharking opponent. Also, if you get sent high off stage facing away from the stage, turn around Falcon Punch can turn you towards the stage and cover your approach. But for the most part you just never want to do it.
Wut? You can angle aerial falcon punch? I have never once noticed that before.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Wut? You can angle aerial falcon punch? I have never once noticed that before.
Yup. Gotta thank Protato for posting a video on it. Lord uses rising Falcon Punch on Hax at TNE Round Robin, he rising Falcon Punches his way onto the stage to cover the ledge and recovery on stage. I've yet to pull it off myself (the height/timing is insanely tight) but I've had good LUCK with descending Falcon Punch when returning from the ceiling blast zone. I emphasize LUCK.

MattyMutt

Smash Cadet
Yup. Gotta thank Protato for posting a video on it. Lord uses rising Falcon Punch on Hax at TNE Round Robin, he rising Falcon Punches his way onto the stage to cover the ledge and recovery on stage. I've yet to pull it off myself (the height/timing is insanely tight) but I've had good LUCK with descending Falcon Punch when returning from the ceiling blast zone. I emphasize LUCK.
Do you have it? I can't find it by searching.

Top Bottom