• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why use Peach?

Defyler

Smash Cadet
Ive been using Peach a lot recently and want to know why you guys maimed her in the first place which might help convince me to use her more

ViVio

Smash Apprentice
Double jump + float mechanics are fun to me

Last edited:

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Her mechanics are fun, she feels satisfying to play, Down-Smashing makes people mad.

She is ****ing hard though.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Because if you're not sure if you won while using her, she will ask for you in the victory screen ocassionally:peachmelee:

Last edited:

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
Amazing projectile. I also love how ridiculously powerful she is in some areas, it makes for a fun time killing spacies.

YoshiYogurt

Smash Rookie
That exposes your level as a Peach player.
No need to be pretentious, you've been rude twice so far. If you're such an amazing peach player, why have I never heard of you?

How is Peach not low tech skill? At least explain instead of posting snide comments

Last edited:

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
No need to be pretentious
Yes there is. It's funnier this way.

If you're such an amazing peach player, why have I never heard of you?
Someone that says Peach is low techskill would search for other medium level Peaches to check stuff ? HAH, GOOD JOKE!
You probably don't even know other Peaches than MacD or Armada. If I throw the name Vwins or Trifasia, a giant ???? will appear above your head.

you've been rude twice so far
You've probably been wrong longer than I've been rude with you.
Don't worry, it takes time to learn. Just don't assume you are not a victim of Dunning-Krueger.

How is Peach not low tech skill?
Your Peach is low tech-skill, don't assume everybody plays like you do lol.
She requires fast, precise motions to pressure and do options OoS. She NEEDS the perfect wavedash, she NEEDS to have FC Aerials OoS and she NEEDS to do tight links with DJC/FC in order to realize something that would be regular for other characters. You also need to move fast, because your character is slower than EVERYBODY.
She is the ONLY CHARACTER IN THE GAME with true access to all her moves OoS. Turnips make frame traps and + on shield much more interesting.
Edgeguarding has to be precise or you are ****ing dead. You get cornered and die.
You could say this kind of **** in 2006, when people would say LOL CC DOWNSMASH, nowadays you can't win 1~2 matches in a local doing that ****.

At least explain instead of posting snide comments
I don't have to. You are assuming you are right and you are not presenting arguments.
You are being dumb by asking me to present arguments instead of showing some yourself.

Like, before entering the internet, grow the **** up. I've heard they are pretty mean down there.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
I've used peach since 09 because of Mango VS Armada at Genesis, it blew me away back then and its still awsome to watch now

You probably don't even know other Peaches than MacD or Armada. If I throw the name Vwins or Trifasia, a giant ???? will appear above your head.
That right there is the most pretentious thing i have ever read on smashboards in the 8 years ive been looking at this forum

Bloody hipster peach's
" oh look at me, i'm so sick, i know who Trif is "
nobody actually cares how much Smash you watch in your bedroom mate

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
who is that person and why are they going off for like no reason lol

i don't main peach anymore but i use her sometimes because she's just a fun character. she's probably the most janky character in the top eight between float cancels, weird double jumps, down smash, turnip shenanigans (like edge-cancelled turnip pulls and also stuff like bombs, stitchfaces, beam swords) and she has so much goofy-looking tech that i think is funny to look at. she's a really hilarious character and i love playing with her even if i don't think she's that good compared to all the other top characters

YoshiYogurt

Smash Rookie

Someone that says Peach is low techskill would search for other medium level Peaches to check stuff ? HAH, GOOD JOKE!

You've probably been wrong longer than I've been rude with you.
Don't worry, it takes time to learn. Just don't assume you are not a victim of Dunning-Krueger.

Your Peach is low tech-skill, don't assume everybody plays like you do lol.
She requires fast, precise motions to pressure and do options OoS. She NEEDS the perfect wavedash, she NEEDS to have FC Aerials OoS and she NEEDS to do tight links with DJC/FC in order to realize something that would be regular for other characters. You also need to move fast, because your character is slower than EVERYBODY.
She is the ONLY CHARACTER IN THE GAME with true access to all her moves OoS. Turnips make frame traps and + on shield much more interesting.
Edgeguarding has to be precise or you are ****ing dead. You get cornered and die.
You could say this kind of **** in 2006, when people would say LOL CC DOWNSMASH, nowadays you can't win 1~2 matches in a local doing that ****.

I don't have to. You are assuming you are right and you are not presenting arguments.
You are being dumb by asking me to present arguments instead of showing some yourself.

Like, before entering the internet, grow the **** up. I've heard they are pretty mean down there.
Thanks for keeping the smash community friendly and welcoming. So glad you choose help me learn to play a better peach instead of being rude. /s

I never ONCE said I was right. I asked for an explanation as to why I was wrong. You are probably some sad pretentious Peach player who can't make a name for themselves. Sorry I play the game semi-casually and haven't researched every last bit on how to play just yet.

P.S. I do know other peaches. "Kalamazhu?"

NIFOFD

Smash Apprentice
I mostly play low tiers because I truly enjoy playing them the most, but I main Peach because she is the only high tier character that I think has a fun playstyle (other than Fox who I don't want to commit to). Her moveset is incredibly satisfying (absolutely love landing fc fairs). Dsmash is incredible (always great to turn around a match with a good dsmash). Float mechanics are super fun, especially when applied to edge guards and fc aerial pressure). Her djc mechanic is also super fun to utilize. Above all, her punish game on spacies is extremely satisfying.

Really Peach is the intersection of fun and competitive viability for me.

Flux243

Smash Rookie
I started maining Peach about 3 months ago. I was a Falco/Marth main at the time and only did alright against my friends. I liked playing Peach but I was too lazy to learn how to use float properly. One day I decided to take the time to learn how to float-cancel and I started winning pretty regularly against my friends. So ultimately I guess I main Peach because she's my best character, haha. She has since become my favorite character in the game, though. I just think float-canceling is super cool (it's always one of the things I show off to newer players wanting to learn the game), and it's fun to watch opponents get pissed off by turnips and dsmash.

Last edited:

Xtra_Crispy

Smash Cadet
I don't main Peach but I love playing her in friendlies because when I win, I can hold 'y' and get the best winning screen in the game lolll

Dr. Cannon

Smash Rookie
Floating is fun, getting armada combos is super fun. Being able to learn from watching player like armada is amazing. Honestly didn't even know dsmash was a good move when I started maining peach. I don't even think cc dsmash is as good as people like to say it is tbh.

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Floating is fun, getting armada combos is super fun. Being able to learn from watching player like armada is amazing. Honestly didn't even know dsmash was a good move when I started maining peach. I don't even think cc dsmash is as good as people like to say it is tbh.

CC is really good. DSmash is just meh, but on certain characters it's the best you can do to achieve certain objectives in the matchup.

fsck!

Smash Cadet
I first picked her up because I was evenly playing Melee and PM, and she translates very, very well between the two. The only real changes are decreased chances of dropping turnips when hit and extended side b (both in PM) and this made it easy for me to learn her.

Now I main her and thoroughly enjoy playing mind games with throwing turnips. It's fun to just rapid throw them in seemingly random places only to rush in with an FC Nair/Bair and knock the opponent into them, or to rush in and knit-drop a turnip to stop on a dime into a grab :3

Top Bottom