• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why there will be no Super Smash Bros. 4....

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
I have to say, though you make beautiful points, if it makes money I see no end to this series.

Actually, I was hoping for more multiplayer modes, such as races, tag, capture the flag, kill the carrier, etc. Coin battle wasn't as satisfying, and Stamina mode is plain stupid. Perhaps 4 could emphasize on this?

Also, can't he add in 2-player boss mode (one controls the boss, other the character)? Just imagining...

180OP

Smash Journeyman
If brawl makes money, there is almost certainly going to be a sequel. Thats the long and short of it.
Simple and true. Just like Final Fantasy, just like DMC, just like Street fighter, just like Halo, just like Tekken.

If Brawl brings the cash, then you can look forward to another Smash. (that was so incredibly corny....)

The next smash will be on a stronger system by comparison therefore open more opportunities. 6 player Smash? 8? crazier/more original modes. Different mechanics. You never know.

Moral of the story. There will always be something new if innovative minds are behind it.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I'm going to list a few things that could be added to Smash Bros right now.

Interesting multiplayer game modes besides Time, Stock and Coin. A 'crown' type mode would work really well, with characters fighting over possession of an item, which can be beaten out of them, like the Smash Ball and Dragoon parts.

Customizable movesets are a possibility. Each character could have 2 possible movesets or play styles, which may change the speed/damage of their attacks, movement speed, jump height and number, or replace moves with different ones.

Adventure mode could be upgraded. The addition of stickers as power ups was thoughtful, but ultimately pointless. I felt, when playing through it on Hard mode, that the collection was more important than the power of my character.

In my opinion, new things have been added to Smash Bros, but these things are in their infancy. We can definately expect improvements to be made with the power-up system in adventure mode. The stage builder is also both new and basic. Much room for improvement.

EDIT: These are but a few of the ideas I've come up with. There's a lot more I could say.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i heard a rumor here (and cant find it now, if i do find it i'll post it) that there might be downloadable content through the Wii shop channel (stages, characters, etc) if thats true do we even need a new smash?

EDIT: this was proven fake, it gave me hope...but SP proved it to be fake....and SSB4 is possible

remember the Wii, it still prints money

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Nothing is ever perfect. A game is never perfect, but we can always move it towards perfection. Smash has never been perfect, and isn't still. Melee was built on the small shack Smash 64 made. And Brawl was built on the house Melee made. SSB4 will be built on the giant house that isn't quite a mansion that Brawl made.

I have so many ideas to add to Smash, that it's not even funny and as days go by I think of things every day besides just "new" stages and "new" characters. Mechanics of characters can also change game play like Olimar, Pokemon Trainer and Snake. There's a lot that can be done still, so don't think there aren't any ideas that have already been used.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Of course there will be another Smash Bros, Lip's hasn't shined in Smash yet. D:

Spellman

Smash Ace
I found it hard to believe that they even found ways to top Melee because to me it seemed like it had loads of content.

I know what the point of this is. This is the last Smash where we'll see any drastic improvements, and even if they do make another Smash, it will be this game with more characters or trophies and stuff like that, for the most part, it doesn't seem possible to reinvent a game that seems to have left no stone unturned.

I don't think it will grow stale. I mean it might get boring eventually for some players, that's just the way we as human beings are, but it will still blow peoples minds away who are new to the series, and continuing to update it visually and content-wise will be what we probably see for future Smash Bros. games. Which is fine with me, I'm always going to like it, but y'know. Whatever. I thought DVD's offered the highest quality of viewing but then they came out with Blue-ray which is allegedly better with sharper images and quality and whatnot, but really now, it just seems like a big joke to me at this point, the difference is not big enough for me to care or even notice unless I have two TV's lined up beside each other.

Um, with 3-D graphics, there is always ways to make things look more pretty though.

Depends on how you define Smash Bros. 4 and what needs to be in a sequel to make it a sequel and not a give and take expansion pack.

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Smash will probably never end just like Nintendo's other titles Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. Of course, this may be Sakurai's last smash game. Who knows what they would add in the future? I can think of a few ideas...

-Better online play (with or without voice chat)
-New story mode
-New characters and stages
-the ablity to import music from an SD card or even your mp3 player
-8 or 16-bit mode
-more immersive Stage Editor (possible platform creator)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Since Sakurai's free-lance now, I doubt he'll have time to make Smash Bros. games anymore. I mean, once he's finished with Brawl, companies are gonna be rushing to hire him, but Smash is gonna be back. Nintendo won't stop this cash cow.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Brawl will make a boatload of cash. This alone will ensure a sequel. That's it. "There's a lot of stuff in Brawl" will not be a hurdle.

I do see how you could say that Brawl couldn't have possibly have had anymore and I agree with all the points you've made. It really can't be much better. But the next Smash could.
As a studying game designer, new techniques, interests and motives come around all the time in this market and as such people need to adapt and grow instead of going back to tested and proven. Smash has expanded on the market, but it will expand even further as new methods are created and discovered.
It's a large world out there, and as a future game designer I'm going come up with games and concepts no one has ever thought of. There are ideas out there that have gone undiscovered and will be in future games, possibly smash. That's my take on it.
If there is room for anything, there is always room for improvement.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Can we please stop talking about SSB4?
It's like talking about who will win the 2012 US Presedential Election.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I don't like putting a cap on people's creativity. If there could be no SSB4, there also couldn't be many of the fighting franchises and other game series getting sequels solely on nostalgia these days. There's so much more that SSB4 could still do. IMO, SSBB is merely lifting off the cap that limited SSB and SSBM.

I don't think it's an impossibility, despite the points in the original post. However, why are we thinking about this?! It's still nice for idle minds to kind of fantasize about what characters could be in SSB4. Beyond that, though, we have a long way ahead of us, and a game to enjoy. It's like thinking of your next child while you're still pregnant.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I think that there won't be a SSBIV, but that there will be downloadable content for Brawl.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
You are very diligent in your thinking but I believe it is impervative to read the Iwata asks interview to fully grasp this issue. Sakurai made this to be the last smash bros game but he did the same with melee. That's what he said in the interview. And there is no doubt that when Hal labortory began work on the original smash bros, none of them thought such a little league game would ever bi pass the age of 64. So in every incarnation of smash, the game has been creatd to end the series.

But even after Sakurai left Nintendo, nintendo brought him back to make a new smash game because they know what smash is and what it brings. You also have to understand that Sakurai is not nintendo. Just because he plans this to be last in the trilogy doesn't mean nintendo does. This is a moneymaker for nintendo and even if they do plan to end the series with this game...in years to come when nintendo needs to hype their new game console or bring up dwindling retail sales....smash will emerge once again.
People... Sakurai is not the only one capable of doing Smash. Miyamoto was going to do Smash 3, so he can do Smash 4.
seeing that you quoted me I feel this was directed towards me. Please note that I never said Sakurai was the only one capable of making a smash game rather I was simply discussing why Sakurai made Smash 3 the way it is. If you were to read my post again you would realize that I actually am forwarding for a smash 4 not made by Sakurai but rather the inner workings of Nintendo. Thus is why I discussed the difference between Sakurai's and Nintendo's logic.

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
If we do get one it won't be until Nintendo release a superior console to the Wii. I don't think now is the time to imagine the next Brawl because we'd first have to imagine a superior console to the Wii for Nintendo to make and if you're going to do that then you might as well work at Nintendo.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
You know if you really sit down and look at all these features, its really not that big of a deal.

FPS games these days almost always have a single-player campaign and deep multiplayer. I mean look at Call of Duty 4, amazing campaign and amazing online play.

Brawl, on the multiplayer front, is simply amazing. there's nothing else like it, but is there room for improvement in the one player and online experiences? most definetly, these are new to us Smashers, but this kinda crap isn't new to anyone with Xbox Live.

And you can say all you want about making sure you have a good balance of characters but Sakurai has made no secret of showing a LOT of love for clones. It's not like we can't improve the roster. If anybody's played a fighting game in recent times, they can tell you 35 is not that big of a number. They can definetly add a lot more to it.

The rest of this stuff is just extras. Coin Launcher, trophies, its all just extra stuff. Stage creators? That's been around in games forever.

I'm not saying all this stuff isn't amazing, I'm just saying, it's not that big of a deal. If I can imagine adding stuff or improving on things I guarantee the guys at Nintendo can too, especially since we probably won't see another Smash till their next system, and look how much Nintendo's added to their history between Melee and Brawl, don't tell me that won't continue to grow.

But like I said, we don't even have Brawl in the U.S. and Europe doesn't even know when they get theirs, soooooo who the hell cares about Smash 4. Let's enjoy the new game we're getting NOW.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
This thread.... got big...fast. o.o

So big, that there is no way for me to go through and answer to every post. Instead of doing that though, I will just make this post a general statement to reoccuring statements I have seen within the thread. It is not directing to anybody specifically, but the points I will address are aimed at reoccuring statements. If you made the statement, then obviously it is aimed at you.

-To the people complaining about me making this thread-

Would you all just hush? This thread was made to get some discussion going. It is a forum board, and discussion is the name of the game. There is nothing wrong with looking towards the future. You paint me as the guy who is not interested in Brawl and only wants another (even though I believe there won't be) and to put it simply; I am not that guy. You may not mean for it to come out that way, but it does, and it is aggravating. If you have a problem with threads like these, then don't worry yourself over threads like these and just find another topic. It is not hard people.

-Concerning my stance on the future Smash (as people seem to key in on selective reading nowadays)-

I have never said that there won't be a Smash 4. I am saying that it won't be much different from Brawl. I believe the words I used in my OP were "expansion." Smash 4, in my opinion, is nothing but an expansion in my mind, assuming it comes out of course. Brawl added a TON of things, as well as a couple of features brand new to the smash series. so naturally for Smash 4 to be something "new," it has to build upon this growing mountain of stuff to make the game seem fresh...and new. Does that make sense?

-To the skimmers, "I only read this and this" etc.-

People who tend to skim, 8 times out of 10 put words in my mouth. There is a reason I put that notice up about the TL;DR's. I can't stand them. You come to a forum, a place of text after text, and if you don't feel the topic is worth a gander, why feel obliged to leave a mark of idiocy to show to me and everyone else that you are incapable of reading? Nothing more needs to be said about this.

-To the comments centered around "As long as there is money involved...etc."-

I am well aware that Smash's success will not just fizzle out completely. I think you misread, because the common reason people make this statement is because they believe that I am saying there won't be a smash in the future. I have already established that there will be another, but as for it being a completely different game? I sincerely doubt it. Please people...I get it. I know that as long as money is involved, smash will live on. I am not denying that. I am denying a NEW smash in the sense of it being ENTIRELY new.

-To the people complaining about my reasons being to optimistic and not having played the game-

Of course I am optimistic. I have no reason not to be. I am easily pleased, and already have been thoroughly. I also happen to know that Brawl will be everything I have hoped of it to be. I can't be utterly dissapointed by a title I know I will cherish. No more needs to be said here. OH! Forgot something. You don't need to play the game to realize that the content they added is still new and numerous.

-People who said the content is not that big of a deal and they can easily do better-

You guys do realize that the bulk of you who said this, and offered your ideas, were actually rehashes of the ideas you said were not a big deal? I know that they can easily improve certain things, but by how much? If it is just rehashing the same features, then they are not really adding anything new now are they?

-To the people complaining about me basing my opinion off believing Brawl is perfect and can do no wrong-

I never said that. The game did plenty wrong. I don't have Megaman. =(

People who say this obviously did not read enough to see that I am not basing my opinion off believing Brawl is perfect, I am basing my opinion off of what Brawl has added and how big of a deal that is. They can build on a few ideas they have already, but what could they TRULY add that would make the game entirely different? I have saw some suggestions for customizable characters and other things, and that would greatly alter the game for the better. That also is something new. I am sorry, but people who said "voice chat" and "more level building parts" is only building upon what we already have in small ways, (with an obvious exception for stage parts.)

-People who say my only points revolve around two features that are not a big deal-

Those two features are huge deals for a game like Smash, simply because both those features are huge firsts for the game. The game has a dedicated single player mode, with a storyline for balance. Keep in mind that this was added to a game that was strictly multiplayer in the previous two installments. Then there is online, which is big because of Nintendo's small amount of online titles, and this being one of the first wii titles to offer downloadable content.

I...think that's about it. If I find anything else, I will edit it in, but that's all I have to say. Keep the discussion flowing guys.

Guildenstern

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm sure this has been said repeatedly in this thread, but I'll chime in to be sure:

We are fools if we think that Brawl will not someday be improved upon. There is always a way to expand and add new ideas to something. If the franchise ends, it will be for economic reasons; not for creative reasons. But I do find it hard to imagine that Nintendo would ever cut such a massively-profitable game as Smash Bros.

I would bet that Sakurai is already thinking about the next installment, actually. I would guess he has all sorts of ideas he wanted to implement, that didn't quite make it into Brawl. This is how all large-scale programming projects go...there are always ideas on the drawing board that don't make it into the final product.

As a testament to the folly of thinking we cannot improve, I leave you these thoughts by Bill Gates:

"Nobody will ever need more than 640k RAM!" -- Bill Gates, 1981

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Since Sakurai's free-lance now, I doubt he'll have time to make Smash Bros. games anymore. I mean, once he's finished with Brawl, companies are gonna be rushing to hire him, but Smash is gonna be back. Nintendo won't stop this cash cow.
You want to know what's funny... As a freelancer, Sakurai only worked on Meteos, and that was before he formed Sora Ltd. I'm pretty sure that half the reason he took the Super Smash Bros. Brawl job is so he could have a favorable game for his company to tout and his name in the minds of gamers who check the DOJO.

In short, companies are probably going to beat down his door for him to create Mascot Fighters like the Super Smash Bros. Series is, since Nintendo seemed to be the only ones with real success in that genre.

Oh, and TC... if you are going to criticize people who post "Too Long; Didn't Read" you might want to read through the entire topic first... People have put up various points on how SSB4 will be different from Brawl, AND on how Brawl isn't entirely new itself! Most of the game mechanics changes like the removal of Wavedashing come from the use of the Havok Engine for it rather than using an improved version of the Melee engine. I assume in 5 years, the Havok Engine will be outdated and SSB4 will need an all-new engine thus forcing a change in mechanics.

In actually, Brawl HASN'T added anything COMPLETELY new and useful to Melee besides Stage Builder, being able to break stages, and Boss Mode. Melee had Adventure Mode and Subspace Emissary is an improved version of Melee's Adventure Mode, since it has a plot now. We've had Target Test, Multiman Melee/Brawl, Special Melee/Brawl, Home-Run Contest, Classic Mode, All-Star Mode, Tourney, and more. And in fact, Boss Mode is merely added because Adventure Mode has Bosses now, and Stickers also count as an addition to Adventure Mode, since they are going to only be useful in making the fighters stronger in that mode. The Subspace Emissary may be better than Melee's Adventure Mode, but it IS Brawl's Adventure Mode. Brawl isn't as revolutionary as you make it out to be.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
While I agree with you in respect to the fact that SSB4 will come and it will be an "expansion," I have to wonder why you don't see Brawl as an expansion of its predescesors?

- Melee had an Adventure Mode. It was a fairly mediocre experience, but it was there none-the-less. Brawl expanded on that.

- Melee used a physics engine that Brawl continues to use.

- The majority of characters from Melee return in Brawl.

And that's just naming a few things. You see, Brawl is the expansion you are talking about. Sure, some things have changed. Some things were added, but nothing was in the realm of distinguishment. The only feature I would classify as such would be the online mode, but even that is merely an add-on to our already existing multiplayer, home run contest, and multi-man modes.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining in the least, which brings me to the point of this post:

I will be happy as long as Nintendo continues to expand on this series, meaning that each installment is simply an expansion of the last. It's only when they try to truely reinvent and change the series that I become skeptical as to whether or not it's worth continuing to invest myself in the product.

coldkilla30

Smash Cadet
I don't get why we're taking about SSB4 when brawl just came out. Still, it's always great to see another useless thread right after I log on. :chuckle:

OfficeManiac070

Smash Cadet
this is an interesting read, but yes, why post this when SSBB hasn't even been released for the majority of the world yet. My bet is there will be considering the games ever increasing popularity/fan base. Also, its made a small profit for nintendo..

Tachita

Smash Cadet
Although I haven't played the game yet I know its an awsome game however its not perfect. It alone has a huge amount of content independent of the basic stuff in the game that is, the Brawl. I am NOT complaining but I think Sakurai put a little more effort in other stuff like stage builder, SSE, etc; and its not bad, however I see a little less support to the multiplayer section of the game, like the return of semi- clones, just 35 characters, etc
I am happy as how Brawl ended, however, me and other people COULD have been happier.

Thats why there is so much arguments about SSB4, because brawl didn't lived up to the expectatives of people (although some were a little bit too high) so people live with the hope that in SSB4 the characters, stages, or whatever they wanted to be there.

What I don't understand about these people is this:
The community waited 2 and a half years since the announcement of the existance of SSB3 a.k.a. Super Smash Bros Brawl. Now we have it, and these people are now expecting SSB4.
Now all of us (well at least myself) had to wait these past two years expecting stuff.

TWO years

In the process we expeculated about what was possible, probable or impossible.
There were intelligent threads, but those were over shadowed by stupid and pointless threads of speculation. This was so harsh that by the release of Brawl in Japan the forums literally crashed, and I know that wasn't pleasant

Now if the past is gonna repeat SSB4 won't be realeased until the next generation of consoles, which may be in 7 years.

SEVEN years

Ok of you are following my logic you can see that people who right now are expecting and wandering stuff about the next game of a game that even hasn't been released yet I think that the levels of expeculation about the next smash are starting now these forums are gonig to need a board of "Super Smash Bros 4 Expecultaion Room" which I would find completely useless

So people stop
Maybe there will be DLC (which I really hope) that could be characters, stages, events, whatever and that way the character you wanted would be in Brawl.

For me that way there would be no need of another Smash, as it would be complete.

So finally if there is gonna be DLC I wouldn't need another Smash, but as Nintendo loves moneyI think there is gonna be another one. Maybe better or maybe worse; but people I leave you with these to mind yourselves:

DONT EXPECULATE ABOUT A SEQUEL OF A GAME THAT EVEN HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET.

That will save these wonderful boards from a lot of spam
(seriously thats the longest post I've ever done:psycho:)

Zialox

Smash Rookie
Some points That need to be made:
Nintendo is in it for profit, which all businesses are EVERYWHERE. Think about, if there not about profit then they are not a business. If smash sells, there will be a smash 4.
The thought where we are at the point where no new things can be added is quite frankly ridiculous. Please don't underestimate creative minds. Even from 20 years ago, who could possible imagine what life is like now?
And concerning Sakurai, if I had just made smash I would definitely also announce that I'm done with it after all that work. Give it some time, maybe the next Nintendo Console, and if Sakurai is asked to make another smash (for big money, I might add) you better beleive he will.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I understand where you're coming from, but i have a few disputes with you're post. number 1, when you say smash four couldn't be much of an upgrade from brawl, i don't think so. if you look around the forums, there are already many disappointments with content. stage builder has too few options /backgrounds/tiles/no moving levels. X character didn't make it in! you can only record 3 minutes? HOW many characters are clones/share final smashes? no wifi stock matches with anyone?

now, I'm not saying that that's a big jump, and I'm not complaining at all, just quoting. I'm saying that to fix those things alone wouldn't take a reasonable amount of effort, maybe as much as the transition from 64 to melee. there are always new angles in which the game can be improved, as sakurai showed us, with techniques such as gliding and crawling, attacking after air dodging. maybe something that they would need the next gen consul to pull off. just because the wii's technology couldn't be implemented in brawl very well doesn't mean the next system's technology won't. plus, who says he can't add a whole new concept? the final smash? maybe next time there will be a sort of editable character, or interchangeable special moves for some characters.

and even if none of that happens, does it need to? wouldn't all the things brawl lacked plus a hoard of new characters and stages and a new story mode be enough? it would be for me!

and for my final, and probably most important point, if it makes money, they make more. this is Nintendo's biggest game. best franchise. this outsells other system's top game. this game was sold out for prices over 400$ at a Japanese E-bay type site. why would they discontinue it? they announced it without telling sakurai first, why can't they get a new developer? smashbros is a staple game for anyone with a Nintendo system!now, i don't think it will happen anytime soon, but I'm sure eventually nintendo will develop smash 4, maybe as a game for their next consul.

so don't give up hope so soon :p

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Look, we can speculate all we want, and we can make arguments and points that a sequel would just make for an "add-on Brawl 3", but honestly, do the companies that make SSB care?

All that the producers are gonna care about is whether or not a game will sell. For all they care, they'd create the same game and slap a different title on it if it would bring in a ton of money. And be honest--if SSB4 were to come out, even if all it did was add a few more characters and stages to the mix, you'd buy it, right? I know I would.

So the principle of whether or not the game will be different or add more intriguing content doesn't matter. It won't affect whether or not a new game will come out. The only thing that matters is if the game will sell. And from what I see, it would.

ROFLs

Smash Cadet
I think as long as Nintendo keeps pumping out consoles, they will be creating new Smash games. They've had one on each console and it would be weird to stop with the Wii. If anything, this can be the beginning of what Smash can truly become. I always imagine Brawl becoming something like Marvel. Tons of characters, and interchangeable teams, but that's just a guess.

Spellman

Smash Ace
Oh, and TC... if you are going to criticize people who post "Too Long; Didn't Read" you might want to read through the entire topic first... People have put up various points on how SSB4 will be different from Brawl, AND on how Brawl isn't entirely new itself! Most of the game mechanics changes like the removal of Wavedashing come from the use of the Havok Engine for it rather than using an improved version of the Melee engine. I assume in 5 years, the Havok Engine will be outdated and SSB4 will need an all-new engine thus forcing a change in mechanics.
He obviously has no beef with the people who believed that Brawl is a small step from Melee, and of course it's not entirely new, it's a sequel. But the next sequel really seems like it's going to be more like a limp up the start of a wheel-chair ramp if we're going by ratio here.

Unless they plan on straying too far away from the original formula (like, having the game revolve around 3 dimensions or something), it's really hard to add anything else while keeping it "Smash Bros." They can make a "new story mode" with different turns of events that happen, a completely new roster, new songlist, new trophies, but in the end, it's going to be just like skinning over Winamp with maybe a sleeker smoother skin from here on in. Really now, that Havoc Engine isn't an innovation, it still plays the same as Melee, just minuscule difference.

The only counter-point that I really have to say to that though is "they've never failed to amaze me". But I just don't see where it can go or what it can do to do it and do it right, so I'm sticking to this point: They'll still make Smash Bros. 4, but symbolically this appears to be the defining moment in the series.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
when you say smash four couldn't be much of an upgrade from brawl, i don't think so. if you look around the forums, there are already many disappointments with content. stage builder has too few options /backgrounds/tiles/no moving levels. X character didn't make it in! you can only record 3 minutes? HOW many characters are clones/share final smashes? no wifi stock matches with anyone?

no wifi stock matches? ive seen multiple stock matches over wifi

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros 64 Sold 4.89 Million Copies Worldwide
Super Smash Bros Melee Sold 6 Million Copies Worldwide
Brawl Sold 1.11 Million Copies In Japan ALONE as of February 11

Its seems as if the number of each game being sold has grown in numbers. Which meens the game is getting more and more successful. Which meens the franchise is earning Nintendo more and more money. And Nintendo loves money. Think... If 1.11M x 50 (50 being how much the game costs in U.S. Dollars and 1.11M being the copies of brawl sold in Japan) = $55,500,000 in U.S. Dollars. They made that much is about 10 days. Brawl was THE fasted Wii game to hit 1,000,000 copies (not the first, just the fastest). That meens its gonna sell like a b*tch.

The Formula here is:
Success = Money
Money = Sequel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But yes.... I see your point and I agree it will be VERY hard to top brawl. But nothing is impossible. Besides me living in a whale for 10 years in his digestive system without being pooped out or dieing... =D

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
Brawl will be remade for that system, more or less, but this time, they will just add to the game by introducing a few new characters here and there.

but to start from the ground up to build a brand NEW smash? Unreasonable and completely silly to believe.

Up until that point, I had the perfect argument "It prints Money"

But once you stated that they would release a SSB4, but it would esentially be Brawl 2, I have to say, I completely 100% agree. I've been expecting this ever since I read Iwata Asks.. "If we couldn't get Sakurai to work on the game, we would just add online to melee, and maybe a couple of additional characters" Since this is most likely Sakurai's last smash (99.99% sure, give or take 0.1%) I expect this to happen. Just a couple of extra things added to each sequel..

Rather than having NEW smash games, we'll just get Brawl over and over again, with a few more characters and stages, and MAYBE a new game mode (or co-op classic or something)

hOmeb0i

Smash Rookie
ya there will be a 4th, just wait 10+ years. That's how long street fighter 4 got announced lol

Top Bottom