• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why the Ice Climbers?

Hejiru

Smash Ace
This question has probably been around ever since they were revealed to be in Melee years ago.

No joke answers, the truth. What reason did Nintendo put the Ice Climbers, characters from one ancient game in Melee when there were so many other choices? Why them?

Have anyone ever found out the real reason?

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Oh please... If your complaining about the Ice Climbers, screw you if your just asking the question then heres the answer.

Nintendo chose 3 retro characters to put in Meleel, Ice Climbers, Pit and Balloon Fighter. Ice Climber's were chosen. Mostly for the uniqueness.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Oh please... If your complaining about the Ice Climbers, screw you if your just asking the question then heres the answer.

Nintendo chose 3 retro characters to put in Meleel, Ice Climbers, Pit and Balloon Fighter. Ice Climber's were chosen. Mostly for the uniqueness.
No, I'm not complaining, i like the little guys. But WHY? Nintendo is a company, and a company main focus is money. I dont think they added them just for "a cool idea" or uniqueness. I was just asking if they ever explained.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, but still... why balloon fighter?

Top Bottom