• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why the Delay?...headset speculations

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Now if i talk to you, you would know that i was EXPECTING a delay, search through my posts nad you will see. I honestly do no understand how the guys at SMYN could not see it happening. But along with that speculation i said there would be no reason for a delay but better online and a headset

PROS
*Better online (ranking, custimzation, ALT costumes?)
*More charachters (megaman, rayman, any other MAN???)
*Headset ( but debateable since japan get theirs a week later)
*and BRAWL COMES OUT THE DAY AFTER MY B-DAY!!!!! nice one sakurai

CONS
*life sux
*we have to wait LONGER!

voice your opinions here, be logical but yeah, I CALLED IT

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
The online interface could actually be a good explanation for the American delay being longer than the Japanese delay. Our market is much larger and would require more infrastructure to maintain a good online system. The extra weeks could give Nintendo time to get that in place.

Of course, I don't think that's the ONLY reason, or else they could just release the game before the online interface was fully operational.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Copy pasta from locked topic, 'cause getting a point through is SRS BSNS

Uh, no. Sorry, Nintendo is doing the right thing by limiting the internet capabilities for Brawl. Being yelled at by 10 year olds 24/7 in Halo, IS NOT COOL.

I go online to play and have fun with others, not become another MySpace and spend more time arguing than playing.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Copy pasta from locked topic, 'cause getting a point through is SRS BSNS

Uh, no. Sorry, Nintendo is doing the right thing by limiting the internet capabilities for Brawl. Being yelled at by 10 year olds 24/7 in Halo, IS NOT COOL.

I go online to play and have fun with others, not become another MySpace and spend more time arguing than playing.
LOL, my friend gets that ALL the time.

But really, this a good explanation to the delay, it's good to beneficially speculate.

Limitations, sure.
But I want to know who the hell I'm playing and how I rank in the world, country, region, surrounding area.

Stuff like that.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
then explain japans one week delay.
I think that since japan has only to connect to other japanese wiis, it won't be too hard to do. We have a month to configure the NA release to connect to the Japanese ones and the other American ones.

I think...

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it has something to do with the millions of backordered Wiis in the US. No Wii = no Brawl.

And maybe the Wii shortage and the Brawl delay is because the world is... running out of plastic? dun dun dun

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Actually the headset may have some weight as one of the reasons for the delay was because Brawl wasn't working right for American Routers, but most likely its because of translations for English and other region specific detains.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
"WE HAVE ONE WEEK TO ADD MEGAMAN GO GO GO GO"

A 10-day delay does not mean anything is being ADDED. It's just being FINALIZED, balanced and corrected of errors. Sheesh.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
I'd even go as far to say that the game is complete (or at least the Japanese version is).

About the only plausible reasons I see for the delay is to create more game copies or to smooth over translation issues. I don't see any additions happening. Sorry =(

Top Bottom