• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why some veterans haven't been confirmed

kirbyphreak

Smash Apprentice
Many people have been wondering why Sakurai has failed to show updates for Captain Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff, and other veterans. While looking at the characters for the earlier Smash Bros games, I realized something. Let's take a look at the rosters:

From Smash Bros 64, Mario, Link, Kirby, DK, Yoshi, Pikachu, Fox, and Samus have already been confirmed as playable in Brawl. Those that haven't are Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Ness. Many say that Ness has been replaced with Lucas, but the other three are still unconfirmed. Looking at this list, the entire starting roster for 64 are known to be playable, while the unlockable characters are not.

From Super Smash Bros. Melee, the new characters that were starters were Bowser, Peach, Ice Climbers, and Zelda. Once again, these have all been confirmed. All unlockables from melee, along with the starters that were unlockable in 64, have not been confirmed.

My opinion is that Sakurai is making all the secret characters from the first two games secret again, while the starters from 64 and the new starters from melee will be our starting roster, along with some newcomers. What are your opinions on this theory?

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Frankly, I hadn't thought of it.

>.>

Stop the flames!

Top Bottom