• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Pichu Is Most Likely Going to Leave

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
dont start thinking i mean in skill and all that, i dont care about that and people make stupid arguments about pichu having superior skills to pikachu. what i mean to say is a bad idea for a character. the only reason he got in was probably because of the convenience. just make pikachu shorter, change his model a little and make his moves slightly different (not visualy either) and you have pichu. what do you expect the developers to do with thier limited amount of ssbm production time? they didnt have time to make every character unique so they were forced to make fillers like pichu. now is the chance to get rid of fillers and people are dissapointed about losing a character so bad, they can brag about winning with it. the only reason people want pichu to stay is because how bad it is, and how annoying it can be to lose to it. well maybe nintendo will add a horribly bad character in ssbb to replace pichu. pichu is a waste of space filler if you want a really annoying character that is also bad, there are plenty of pokemon that could replace pichu. how about nosepass or smoochum?

marthsword

Smash Ace
dont start thinking i mean in skill and all that, i dont care about that and people make stupid arguments about pichu having superior skills to pikachu. what i mean to say is a bad idea for a character. the only reason he got in was probably because of the convenience. just make pikachu shorter, change his model a little and make his moves slightly different (not visualy either) and you have pichu. what do you expect the developers to do with thier limited amount of ssbm production time? they didnt have time to make every character unique so they were forced to make fillers like pichu. now is the chance to get rid of fillers and people are dissapointed about losing a character so bad, they can brag about winning with it. the only reason people want pichu to stay is because how bad it is, and how annoying it can be to lose to it. well maybe nintendo will add a horribly bad character in ssbb to replace pichu. pichu is a waste of space filler if you want a really annoying character that is also bad, there are plenty of pokemon that could replace pichu. how about nosepass or smoochum?
I can still explain how every move pichu and pikachu have is different but it would be a waste of time. 'sigh' I'll go die in a hole now.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm sorry bros, but there are way too many deserving faces to be added on Brawl, & Pichu unfortunately is not on the list. He's just a toned down clone for Pikachu. If I had more thumbs, I'd give em 5 thumbs way down. On da real, I ain't no Pichu hater, but I just don't think he's that deserving for a spot. Now Mewtwo, Lucario, Dragonite, & Blaziken are such more deserving PK!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
If this:
NOTE: This thread is not meant to flame Pichu, Pichu users, Pichu lovers, or anytype of people associated with Pichu in any way. This thread is merely stating facts.
is true, than why are these:
Point 4: "ZOMG LEIK HE KNEEDZ 2 REPRESENT BAIBEE PKMN!!11"

Point 6: ZOMG D00D PICHU IS NOT A CLONE!!11 & DEY CAN JUST DECLOIN HIM! DURRZ!!11.
Part of your representation of people who think he should stay? Hypocrite. >_>

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
hey guys whats LAWL mean? oh and pichu just needs to leave for the sake of his attacks * they hurt urself* or they could have the Pichu brothers Double tag XD

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Rather than the Pichu bros., they should have either a Plusle & Minum team up, or a Pikachu/Raichu team-up like in Ice Climber fashion.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Wow, I never really thought about the fanbase and the fact that we dont need 2 pkmn of the same family..........but I still choose to be one of those few that want to keep him. But if the unfortunate happens I still dont want someone like Lucario who will dwarf most of the other pkmn. Maybe someone else around Pikachus size for a more appropriate fight.

Well I was thinking Bulbasaur would have appropriate moves,
/\B = Vine whip ( attacks enemies and can grab ledges as recovery)
>B = Razor Leaf ( Simple Projectile )
\/B = Leech seed ( plants flower on foes head and works like a lips stick)
Neutral B = Solarbeam (Deals powerful damage in straight line projectory but only works if fully charged)

I would give myself five for that, but that would be embarrassing

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
meh, there are plenty pokemon that are quite short and unique. not bulbasaur because its a starter. something like marowak would be awsome.
anyway, we dont need a whole bunch of characters that are the same. having a pokemon that is heavy and intimidating or powerful at least would be much better than the same cute baby type that noone really likes.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
i have another idea... NO MORE ELECTRIC RATS. we only need one. not three.
qft.

I don't hate Pokemon or anything, but there is so much variety that we don't need any with the same type. Get some totally unique ones in there.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Here are some unique PK that should make the cut: Blaziken, Electabuzz, Deoxys, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Lucario, Snorlax, Gengar, Ursaring, Registeel, Hitmonlee, Sceptile, Flygon, Rhydon, Scyther, &

the list goes on & on but I can guarantee that one of these PK will make it into Brawl.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. not bulbasaur because its a starter.
*Wishes you would stop saying that as if it holds meaning*

Well, I say replace Pichu with P&M. . . .maybe give they a alternate Pichu Brothers fit but that seems like it goes a lil bit to fare IMO.
They are the only real 3rd gen mascotts and they have alot of uniqueness to them so their chances are pretty high.
edit I forgot. . . 800 post!!!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
i have another idea... NO MORE ELECTRIC RATS. we only need one. not three.
Why not add more electric rats if we can add more swordsmen? Saying we only need one electric rat is the same as saying we only need one swordsman. I think Pichu best represents the 2nd generation. The only reason people want others like Tyranitar or Hitmontop or something is because they are more powerful.

In Melee, Pichu's up smash and forward smash can kill at a lower percent than Pikachu. Pikachu's down smash sends people up after shocking them while Pichu's does not shock and sends people off to the side or downwards if done right. Pichu's faster and can dodge more attacks than Pikachu.

Even though he's Pikachu's pre-evolved form, he's not Pikachu. He is still a different character. Some people use him more effectively than others. Even I can use him better than if I used Pikachu or someone that's "better" than him. Most people don't use him effectively just because they can see him hurt himself or die as fast, so they never use him.

Pichu being the cutest character in the game while having better costumes than Pikachu is a bonus. I know that's a pointless arguement, but that only makes it more fun to beat people with him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
meh, there are plenty pokemon that are quite short and unique. not bulbasaur because its a starter. something like marowak would be awsome.
anyway, we dont need a whole bunch of characters that are the same. having a pokemon that is heavy and intimidating or powerful at least would be much better than the same cute baby type that noone really likes.
Like what? Dragonite? ;)
Just kidding with you there dude...

Still I have to say that Pichu doesn't has the highest changes to leave. I'd give that title to Dr.Mario or even Sheik.

As MM2002, Pichu is the cutest character in Melee, and attracts alot of young childeren. I mean cmon... Who doesn't want to play as a baby Pichu?

Changes are still HUGE that he will be gone though. But I honestly doubt that any second generation Pokémon is gonna replace him. What I think it's the most likely is that we'd have 3 Pokémon from the first generation, one from the 3rd and one from the 4th generation... And I'm even not so sure if the 3rd generation should have a representitive...

Pichu was a fun character to play, and I think he might be the reason I'd replay Melee in a while if Brawl comes out. :)

Pikminshallruleoverall

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I'd rather have Pichu come back than Roy and Doc. and Y. Link.(Replace him with Cel-shaded link). That's three before Pichu. Just fix Pichu up and people will play him. They don't go into the representation and just go into how bad he is. While indeed, he does not do well agaisnt Marth in an equal match he is fun, cute, and lovable. Completely change his moves and viola, I bet people will love him.

Stryks

Smash Hero
sorry but he could become god tier in brawl but i wont like him, I freakin hate cute pokemon... anyway pichu will probably leave, as well as ylink and doc cause they were fillers, roy will probably leae due to the fact that he was just there to represent fire emblem 6, so he will probably replaced... anyway returnin to pichu, I doubt he'll come back and please, PLEASE no more cute pokemon!! (unleashes rage and throws pretzels at will...)

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have Raichu than Pikachu personally but that would never happen. I don't like Pichu at all so I wouldn't be bothered if he was gone.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
I'd rather have Raichu than Pikachu personally but that would never happen. I don't like Pichu at all so I wouldn't be bothered if he was gone.
thats an ignorant opinion... pikachu is the pokemon mascot. raichu is just another pokemon. thats a fact. just because one pokemon is a stronger form doesnt mean it is a more deserving form.

Drewz

Smash Cadet
Pika at least is slightly diffrent from his older form. Dr. Mario has to go first, becuase there there's is about 1% diffrence between him and normal Mario.

But yeah, I'd like Pichu to leave too.

Pikminshallruleoverall

Smash Apprentice
thats an ignorant opinion... pikachu is the pokemon mascot. raichu is just another pokemon. thats a fact. just because one pokemon is a stronger form doesnt mean it is a more deserving form.
It's pretty ignorant to bash someone's opinion when it's an opinion. It's mean and stupid. Let someone else have an opinion.

I say Roy needs to go first before Doc and Pichu...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Pika at least is slightly diffrent from his older form. Dr. Mario has to go first, becuase there there's is about 1% diffrence between him and normal Mario.

But yeah, I'd like Pichu to leave too.
Can you expand on how different Raichu is from Pikachu compared to Pichu from Pikachu?

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I'd bet money to say Pichu will bite the dust. I only hope they don't replace him with something just as bad like hitmonchan, raichu, pulsy+minum, or any other wangallypoo they can dream up. Give us the cool pokemon, deoxys or lucario. Fix mewtwo.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I bet we can save him if he is turned into a Pikachu skin.
You're kidding right? Pichu's supposed to be much smaller than Pikachu and their physics are different. Plus turning Pichu into Pikachu's skin ruins them both as different characters. They aren't even the same age. If a character was turned into a costume for another, it would be Doctor Mario becoming Mario's costume because they are the exact same person and the same age. I doubt Sakurai will turn Pichu into a skin of Pikachu anyways. It wouldn't make sense for a Pikachu to turn into a Pichu.

Top Bottom